Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admission to Part-time Programs...  (Read 1249 times)

flom

• View Profile
Admission to Part-time Programs...
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:52:07 AM »
Do part-time programs have more relaxed admission standards than full-time programs? 

Thanks.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Admission to Part-time Programs...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:02:40 PM »
Part time programs, at least right now, don't have to realse thier LSAT score to USNews for ranking, so they look more at your whole package than just your LSAT score. That might change with USNEWS propsed re-ordering on how PT is counted. That is the primary "lower addmsion" part of PT, thev25-75% LSAT scores are often lower than that of full-time at the same school. Other than that addmison standerds are pretty much the same (maybe a bit lower GPA as well).
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Connelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »
What Matthies said.  Also check out the 25-75th percentile GPA's and LSAT scores of the school(s) you are interested in.  This would give you a better idea of how each school is on this issue. 

I think money is also much more scarce.  My feelings are that the part-time program is more of a revenue generator than anything else.

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 06:11:35 AM »
Soo I got admitted to two part-time evening programs and its better for me so i can work through law school but now im getting anxiety about working a day job and going to school. I'm not sure how hard its going to be. I want to get loans but my credit sucks and I'm a commuter.
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165