Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where did the time go?  (Read 1759 times)

pete.

• View Profile
    • Email
Where did the time go?
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »
Just realized that I'm moving NEXT week! Holy crap! ...totally snuck up on me and now i'm a little freaked out. Where did the summer go?

MissNatalie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where did the time go?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
Same here, although I still have 2 1/2 weeks to go. This whole time I couldn't wait to move and now that its almost here I'm also starting to freak out a little. Oh well, it will all work out.
Class of 2011

pete.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »
yeah, it will. i think i just hate goodbyes-- i'll feel much better about it once i'm on the road...

likeitmatters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:27:53 PM »
i think its understandable to get freaked out.  this is a big change! once you actually get started on your move, the freaked out feeling will fade and you'll get excited again.  in the meantime tho, keep yourself busy so you don't sit around worrying!  :)

good luck on your move!

Morning Star

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »
For me it's more like...finally! This summer has been rather long and boring. 
CLS 2011

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »

Cosigned.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

Cosigned.

Agreed.  I've been living with my parents for the past two months after two years of living on my own out of college.  My lease ended early.  :(  Believe it or not, I will miss my parents!  But another big concern now is living like a student again after two years with a full time job!  No more shopping!  ;)

JustDanny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
I am so glad I took the summer off, just basking in the SUN in a caribbean island.  I lost 12 lbs, figuring I will gain it all back during 1L.  I've had so much fun I completely forgot about school, now it is all rushing back at once.  Getting real excited...
@#!* you and your self-righteous code of the goddamn streets. Did it pull you out of a 30 year stint in only 5 years? No, it didn't, I did.

pete.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 01:44:07 PM »
maddie, i can sympathize. i've been living with my parents for the last two months too! painful at times... i've been avoiding them by spending all my free time exercising and going out drinking. i've managed to lose 13 lbs.-- all while drinking 4-5 nights a week.

that said, now that it's time to leave my parents' place, there is some sick and twisted part of me that is going to miss it!

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 03:06:07 PM »
maddie, i can sympathize. i've been living with my parents for the last two months too! painful at times... i've been avoiding them by spending all my free time exercising and going out drinking. i've managed to lose 13 lbs.-- all while drinking 4-5 nights a week.

that said, now that it's time to leave my parents' place, there is some sick and twisted part of me that is going to miss it!

I know how you feel.  My parents don't really care what I do, so for right now it's a decent feeling to be responsibility-free.  :)  It will be ending just in time though!!!

Are you going to be living alone or with roommates?