You've inspired me to stop being a lurker... But take my advice with a grain of salt; I'm sure there are others on the board that may have better answers for you.
1. Yes and no. Depends on the school and where it is on your list (aka how much you want it). Some schools ask for more specific PS topics than others.
2. I would electronically submit the app. Personal pref (and typically schools feel the same). And yes, you upload your PS to LSAC.
4. I can't help you here, but don't forget: there's nothing wrong with being an everyday hero. You don't have to write about adversity to be interesting.
5. Yes, if it's relevant to who you are and the picture of yourself that you're trying to portray. No matter what you write, make sure it ties into the theme of YOU.
6. Every school I applied to asked for one. Just make sure you read each school's specific set of directions, and you'll be fine. Oh, and no. Don't write an essay that's basically your resume in prose. What a waste of space that you could use to share with them additional information about how great you are!
Hope that little bit helps.