Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: probably different at all the schools but...  (Read 1699 times)

olderapplicant

• View Profile
probably different at all the schools but...
« on: July 23, 2008, 10:52:28 AM »
what time, generally, do classes start 1L and what time is your class day over?  I am going to commute and want to figure out what my day is going to be like.  Do they start as early as 8am or more like 9am?  Thanks!

MissNatalie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: probably different at all the schools but...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
I have a Monday (and Wednesday class) that starts at 8:00! I don't know why they would do that.
Class of 2011

laurenlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »
My earliest was 9 and my commute was an hour and a half.  Needless to say it was a bad experience, but something you just tough through and eventually even get used to.  Sometimes the schedules for 1Ls are posted online on your school website or someone on here can tell you precisely what to expect from the school of choice.  Try posting in the school specific portion of this forum to get a better idea of your particular situation.

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:46:26 AM »
I had 9 o'clock classes three days a week and had an hour commute, but I am a morning person so it didn't bother me. But as a commuter, one thing that might be bothersome is the fact that classes are spread out and you're sitting around in between. Don't get me wrong, it is nice because you have time between class to eat, chat with friends, which isn't always easy if you don't live on or near campus, and even read, study or review for your next class.
Unfortunately, it isn't a 9-5 schedule with an hour lunch built in. I agree with Lauren, you're best bet is to try to find someone how goes to that school or find the school's schedule on its Website. There might be different sections listed, but you can at least get a general idea.

terranullius

• "A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire
    • View Profile
    • terra nullius
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:44 AM »
Definitely check out your school's website. Everyone's schedules are different - mine runs from 8 to 2.
Drake Law School
Class of 2011

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »
Do people have their class schedules yet?  I feel like I'm not getting much in the way of communication from my school, and orientation is less than a month away!

JustDanny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
Price of gas being what it is, it just might be worth eating, reading and chatting in school while you wait for the later ones.  Can't be driving around at $4+ a gallon.
@#!* you and your self-righteous code of the goddamn streets. Did it pull you out of a 30 year stint in only 5 years? No, it didn't, I did.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »
Do people have their class schedules yet?  I feel like I'm not getting much in the way of communication from my school, and orientation is less than a month away!

I'm in the same boat. However, FSU has told me that they're basically not moving on much of anything until the start of August. At least I know the lack of progress in July is part of the plan.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

terranullius

• "A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire
    • View Profile
    • terra nullius
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 01:28:45 PM »
I don't have an official schedule from my school. They don't give them to you until orientation at Drake.

However, I figured out which section I will be in by looking at their online registration information and comparing that to their class schedule. There are sometimes ways around waiting.  ;D

I don't get my book list until orientation, though. Boo.
Drake Law School
Class of 2011

whoknows123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »
I got my schedule this week.   It is fairly spread out.  Two days of the week I begin at 8:20, and on the other days class doesn't start until nine or later.  There are some breaks in between my classes.  I'll basically be in class any where between 2 and half to three and half hours per day (this is actual in class time). Needless to say, it is probably safe to assume that you will begin class possibly at 8 and no later than 9 or ten, and you will be inside the law building until at least two or three and possibly as late as 5.