Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham says "leave us alone"  (Read 4857 times)

Shinjuku

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham says "leave us alone"
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
got that previous e-mail, and the new one that futureLLP is refering to.  since i'm in NY anyway, i'll probably stay on the list... though i don't really think i'll be getting a seat after all this time.
BLS '11

My LSN

Oldguy48

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »
Anyone else wish they would get an official rejection?   At this point they are 3 days into the orientation (for PT program).  I hold no illusion that any phone call is coming, but it would be nice to be told "well, you just missed..." rather than nothing.  And to think I turned down Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. Johns for them...

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »
If you were taken off the waitlist at your dream school a few days before classes started, how would you sort through the financial aid and loan stage fast enough to know if attending that law school is feasible?

A friend of mine was accepted off of the waitlist during the second day of orientation.  The school was very flexible and understanding about her getting loans and financial aid in order.  Basically, the schools know that these things don't magically happen just because you've gotten accepted. 

I was accepted as a transfer to a new law school this year (found out in June), and I already had my loans in order for the fall at my old law school.  My loans did not just transfer over -- I had to cancel my loans with old law school and reapply for loans with new law school.  It wasn't a big deal, but it had to be done.  (Note: these were the federal loans and the plus loan -- all done through direct loans at both schools.)