Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham says "leave us alone"  (Read 4819 times)

Oldguy48

• View Profile
    • Email
Fordham says "leave us alone"
« on: July 21, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »
received the following

Greetings from Fordham! We are writing to update you on the status of our wait list. We have no new information on your wait list status today, but we do anticipate making a few more offers over the next several weeks. We will contact you if there are any changes to your status.

Please understand that contacting our office will delay a decision on your application. At this point in time all files are currently with the Admissions Committee and cannot be easily retrieved to either check for documents or to add any new information. We ask that you not contact our office via phone or email unless you are requesting to be removed from further consideration. Thank you for your understanding and continued patience.

"next several weeks"?  orientation starts in three....

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fordham says "leave us alone"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »
Pretty standard stuff.

If you're dead set on going somewhere or are still on the waitlist at your dream school then there is no reason not to ride it out but don't sweat it either...

Friends have told me stories of getting offers days before classes start...it happens...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

*devo*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
If you were taken off the waitlist at your dream school a few days before classes started, how would you sort through the financial aid and loan stage fast enough to know if attending that law school is feasible?

Personally, my dream schools are also going to put me in a lot of debt and I would like more than a week to sort my options out.

Good luck to the OP.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that the loans are transferable to the new school but I'm not 100% positive about that...

Regardless, this is a common situation that happens every year...I think.
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »
If you were taken off the waitlist at your dream school a few days before classes started, how would you sort through the financial aid and loan stage fast enough to know if attending that law school is feasible?

Personally, my dream schools are also going to put me in a lot of debt and I would like more than a week to sort my options out.

Good luck to the OP.

I was taken off the waitlist ten days after school started at school A but the day school started at school B, I ended up not goiong to that school even though it was MUCH higher ranked and local becuase I had already paid all my money to school A. It was just too much of a PIA for me to get refund, pay new school, change my mental picture, adjust all over to the new school when I had just made friedns etc. In the end I'm glad I stayed at my frist choice as ended up being just right for me. Bascilly you gotta be willing to change everything at the last second if you stay on a waitlist that long. I was not.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »
This is a common situation.  Sometimes schools don't know if they have seats open until after orientation.  People flake out last minute, decide against law school, have problems getting their transcripts conformed on time, get in off of other waitlists etc.

rosalita

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »
thats weird, I too am on the FU wait list but I didn't get that email? anybody else?

FutureLLP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:24:30 PM »
Did anyone get the E-mail today asking to respond as quickly as possible if you are interested because they will be making a few offers to people who received it????? VERY interesting!  ;D

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »
I was admitted off the waitlist after orientation, the Friday before school began the following Monday.  I declined, however, because I already moved to another city for a different school.

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »
Did anyone get the E-mail today asking to respond as quickly as possible if you are interested because they will be making a few offers to people who received it????? VERY interesting!  ;D

I hope you responded before posting here...  ;)
University of Oklahoma '11