Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Callback Questions--any info/advice welcome  (Read 21777 times)

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Callback Questions--any info/advice welcome
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008, 12:11:46 PM »
What's really funny is AT THE CALLBACK, attorney's will say things like: "this summer YOU WILL be working with so-and-so on such-and-such" instead of saying "OUR SUMMERS typically do this" - using the first person in this way seems to give the impression they HAVE ALREADY DECIDED to give you the offer.

TeeTwenty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2008, 07:27:13 PM »
What's really funny is AT THE CALLBACK, attorney's will say things like: "this summer YOU WILL be working with so-and-so on such-and-such" instead of saying "OUR SUMMERS typically do this" - using the first person in this way seems to give the impression they HAVE ALREADY DECIDED to give you the offer.

Some of them will say that in screening interviews.

They have not made that decision.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2008, 05:51:02 AM »
tag
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
New development today: Apparently mass mailings work - I finally got a great firm to bite and request a callback. OCI be damned.

As a side note, if you're from the south, get used to every firm with a regional headquarters up north or in california to yield protect the crap out of you. Vice versa, south eastern firms will yield protect for their home growns. You've got to offer something rare to transcend this barrier, especially in this economy.

t14troll

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2008, 01:23:25 AM »
Just attended job fair last week. I havent heard anything from 3 firms - I assume that is a definite "no" - has anyone received a call back a week after an interview with a Vault Top 10 firm? Thanks

Got one ~15 days after my callback. Oh, and they didn't take me to lunch. :)