Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Supplies?  (Read 2151 times)

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Supplies?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
??  Not planning on doing interviews or compeitions I take it.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »
Black suits are ok for women.  For men, it can look too funeral- or tux-like.  Better off with navy or a dark charcoal gray, IMO.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
I'm certain that we concluded a long time ago that seersucker suits (for men & women) were the only acceptable interview attire...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
I actually weighed that factor in my decision to leave miami for colorado.  Now I'm never going to be able to pull off a seersucker suit, damn.

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
I'm certain that we concluded a long time ago that seersucker suits (for men & women) were the only acceptable interview attire...

One of the interns at the clinic I work at showed up in one of these. And he met with a client.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »

One of the interns at the clinic I work at showed up in one of these. And he met with a client.

in the south it's completely acceptable attire...

likeitmatters

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
ok, so what's the final consensus on the black suit?  i'm female, and have recently lost a large amt of weight (yay!), so i do need to go out and pick up a new suit or two.  is black too depressing???

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
ok, so what's the final consensus on the black suit?  i'm female, and have recently lost a large amt of weight (yay!), so i do need to go out and pick up a new suit or two.  is black too depressing???

I don't think so.  As I said before, I think black is ok for women.  We have much more freedom with what we wear underneath and accessorizing, so I think it just isn't the same as a man's black suit.  I really think that for men, black suits are good for funerals, wedding, and other very formal events (not "work" events, like interviews, work, etc.)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 01:56:51 AM »

From the Ask Andy board:
Black vs. Navy   For men black is not usually considered appropriate for business (social, funerals - yes).   Navy is the dominate power color.  Recently this has been challenged by female executives wearing black since black is such a powerful color.