Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Embittered Miami rising 2L taking questions  (Read 1898 times)

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Embittered Miami rising 2L taking questions
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:57:27 PM »
Hey, I don't know if anyone is still tying to decide, but I'm here to help.  I can also answer some general ?s for those who already locked in.  I've already transfered out so I'm in a unique position to be brutally honest.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Embittered Miami rising 2L taking questions
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
Why are you embittered and where are you headed?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »
Hey, didn't you go to Miami too?  I'm upset about my Crim Pro professor's very public escapade with a under cover hooker, my property professor's affiar making up cites in his research while teaching at Princeton, a 2.9 curve when Florida's hovers at 3.1-3.2, only 20 employers in phase I for OCI, late grades, trouble trying to get a letter of good standing to transfer (seemingly deliberate delays to try to kill my chances at transfer), my Con Law professor spending more time talking about her time at Jones Day and her distain for Monica Lewinsky than anything even remotely related to the Constitution, someone from my LRW section ripping out pages, ants in the library, oversold parking lot, and so on.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:09:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm going back home to Colorado.  The total law school is smaller than my 1L class was, brand new law building, +50 in the rankings, and debt will be similar paying instate there v. continuing to pay 1/3 at Miami.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 08:12:09 PM »
Hey, didn't you go to Miami too?  I'm upset about my Crim Pro professor's very public escapade with a under cover hooker, my property professor's affiar making up cites in his research while teaching at Princeton, a 2.9 curve when Florida's hovers at 3.1-3.2, only 20 employers in phase I for OCI, late grades, trouble trying to get a letter of good standing to transfer (seemingly deliberate delays to try to kill my chances at transfer), my Con Law professor spending more time talking about her time at Jones Day and her distain for Monica Lewinsky than anything even remotely related to the Constitution, someone from my LRW section ripping out pages, ants in the library, oversold parking lot, and so on.

LOL, wow that is a lot of stuff to be embittered about! No, not Miami, I go to Denver. What is it about Con Law and professors wanting to talk about thrmsleves, mine liked to do that, but at least his stories were funny. Alhtough grades take foever here too, I'm still waiting on one, but other than that I'm happy.  ;D
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:35 PM »
I love the University of Denver.  I'll be in Boulder though.  I've had enough of private school to last me the  rest of my life.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
I love the University of Denver.  I'll be in Boulder though.  I've had enough of private school to last me the  rest of my life.

Yea I love Denver, I have no complaints about the school, well except my one missing grade and the cost, but other than that its been a great school. I’m part-time starting my last year. My only suggestion is if you can stand the commute, it live as close to Denver as you can. All your internships and clerkships, and networking will be down here. Everyone I know at CU has moved to Denver because of that. 

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »
That's great advice.  It just came to me where I remember you from, you posted a kitten picture of me awhile back.

Re: ITT: U tell me where you’re going to school and I will post a kitten pic of U
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miami
Tnd TT
Real Estate
I'm kinda mean.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
That's great advice.  It just came to me where I remember you from, you posted a kitten picture of me awhile back.

Re: ITT: U tell me where you’re going to school and I will post a kitten pic of U
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miami
Tnd TT
Real Estate
I'm kinda mean.

Haha, yea that was my kitten pic thread, that was fun but too much work to keep up with.

Brenda22

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »
Just stumbled upon this thread, but I am an embittered ex-Miami rising 2L as well!  I decided I was going to transfer out in only October and, unfortunately, had to stay in that city/school until May.  Now I am transferring + 60 or so in the rankings (after Miami dropped 12 points in the rankings I kinda lost track as to where it was)  and to a location that I like much better!