Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1801419 times)

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58650 on: December 14, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »

Damn, lots of bad health/medical situations happening and going around.  Trying times... 

It sucks that it has been happening to a bunch of people.

MBW, that's shocking that a 26 year old classmate died from a cardiac event, my heart goes out to his wife and family.

My mom is still in the hospital after having serious spinal column surgery last Monday and it has been touch and go day by day hour by hour with that in terms of what her condition is and what the doctors are doing about it.  She is 72 years old with heart problems, diabetes and various other medical conditions so just putting her under anesthesia was pretty risky.  The surgery was supposed to be ~3-4 hours but ended up being 6+ hours due to what the surgeon saw once they made the incisions and got in to see everything up close.  Luckily she made it through and seems to be making a decent, yet significantly slowed and rocky recovery due to all the complications. 

Sickness, time in hospitals and facing all that about yourself or friends and loved ones is certainly not fun and is very stressful, both physically and emotionally. 

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58651 on: December 14, 2010, 08:14:30 PM »
I'm so sorry, MBW.  That's terrible news, I hope you and your classmates are doing alright.  I'm also sorry to hear about your brother, VB.  I'm glad he's doing well.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58652 on: December 14, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
I don't know what it is but it seems bad stuff is contagious. Sorry to MBW , VB, and Chuck. Glad your brother is getting better VB and your mom Chuck. I can't believe that MBW. You never expect someone that young to have cardiac problems.

Although a little different I have had my share of exam bad times. My parent's dog got sick and because the vet was stubborn and swore it was something other than what it was even after my mom questioned her, the dog died. It infuriated me because the poor guy probably suffered because the vet wouldn't give him meds that wouldn't have hurt him if she was right but would have saved his life. I still can't think about it without crying.

If finals weren't stressful enough for all of us.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58653 on: December 15, 2010, 01:30:35 AM »
Holy crap, everyone seems to be going through it this exam period!

MBW, how awful re: your classmate! That is unimaginably heartbreaking.

VB, glad that your brother is doing better although that must be a terrible shock to happen during 1L finals! I mean, that time is already stressful enough. Also, I'm going to be back in your neck of the woods during New Years!

Chuck, I hope your mom feels better soon. I'm sure she's a tough lady and will bounce back better than ever.

Nav, that totally breaks my heart. I don't know, maybe I'm super sappy, but things with pets make me sad. The other day I was looking up rescue animals for adoption (we're talking about getting a dog), and I read some stories about the dogs on the website that just made me cry.

Hugs and good wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy, and SAFE exam and holiday season!

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58654 on: December 25, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

Merry X-mas Exilers. 

Hope nobody got stuck at an airport or elsewhere cuz of weather and I hope all made it home or to another warm happy place.     

"The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58655 on: December 26, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
julie have sled dogs.  some day, julie get sled, too.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58656 on: December 26, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »

Merry X-mas Exilers. 

Hope nobody got stuck at an airport or elsewhere cuz of weather and I hope all made it home or to another warm happy place.     

Hope everyone had a good holiday. I actually got stuck at my parents home two days more than I expected because of the snow.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58657 on: December 27, 2010, 11:01:09 AM »
I highly recommend True Grit

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58658 on: December 27, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
This thread is a thing of beauty, and reminds me of what I loved about this place in its golden age.

ahh, the golden age, I miss those days too.  The thread has a good start but seems to have fizzled before they got into saying juicy things about each others moms  :( .

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58659 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »
Is it dead yet?

NO!

We're still here, so there is still life if that means anything.  However, I'd prefer that Exile life support consist of more than me and you checking vital signs and doing the 'poke it' test every few days.

This is the #2 biggest law school supermega thread that has ever existed in the history of the internet! only behind SFLSD. 

This thread alone has more posts and views than most of the boards on the TLS forum even with the rampant d-dubbing.  The actual count of posts made in the thread if we could get the number of deleted posts and add it in would probably be double or more.  This is world record books stuff people!