Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1723632 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58640 on: December 11, 2010, 03:55:29 AM »
[If you're a 1L, don't read this post]

What the hell happened to it all being downhill after 1L?! This afternoon, I sat and wondered if I was going to get a LP or an F in Corporations. It's outrageous. Life feels harder than 1L! How is this possible?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58641 on: December 11, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
It's Corps. The only classes that are more of a guaranteed *&^%-storm are Admin Law and Tax. I'm sure you did fine, so don't sweat it. Finals almost over?

Oh, here it's also Antitrust, 14th Amendment (which is a prereq to get into Fed Courts), and of course, Fed Courts.

I haven't started finals yet :(. I rather stupidly picked classes that all have finals, so I actually have four in the next week. So basically, I've got to do better.  :-\ I've learned my lesson for next semester.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58642 on: December 12, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
I had 5 finals and 3 projects (all of them last week except for one final tomorrow).  I also managed to get strep last week and had a fever of 103 for several days and was so delusional I thought I had ebola and was turning into a zombie.  It was pretty much the worst week of my life.

*But* the good news is that it's over, and I may have secured a cool summer job with minimal effort.  I will keep you all updated!
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58643 on: December 12, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
I had 5 finals and 3 projects (all of them last week except for one final tomorrow).  I also managed to get strep last week and had a fever of 103 for several days and was so delusional I thought I had ebola and was turning into a zombie.  It was pretty much the worst week of my life.

*But* the good news is that it's over, and I may have secured a cool summer job with minimal effort.  I will keep you all updated!

OMG blue, sorry you had to endure all that together, it's like 'the perfect storm'.  But hey, you survived it and whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!  Right?

After your final tomorrow, lots of bed rest, fluids, nutrients and vitamins.  Have somebody hook you up to an IV if you have a med student or Dr. friend so you can just rest sedated while getting re-nourished!
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58644 on: December 13, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »

:(

Glad you feel better though!!! And I can't wait to hear about this potential awesome summer job!

I also am battling something which makes my mood really sour...tempered only by the fact that I created yet another fabulous Pandora station that is getting me through studying.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58645 on: December 13, 2010, 10:15:40 PM »
Glad you're doing better, Blue.  I'm really sorry that all of that stuff went down last week, but it's a good testament to your resilience that you made it through! 

I now have 48 hours to learn a full semester of crim law...

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58646 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
Still have two finals and completely unmotivated...  It's unbelievably cold, I'm fighting a stomach thing, and a friend/classmate had a heart attack and died over the weekend... wish I could do the I Dream of Jeanie thing and make it Saturday (with all exams finished -- preferably with grades above median...)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58647 on: December 14, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
That's so awful  :-\  Sorry MBW
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58648 on: December 14, 2010, 04:47:02 PM »
I know, I disappeared. Hope you are all doing well with finals! My brother had his first final last Thursday, except.... he was in the hospital. The day before, his stomach started hurting, and then voila! His appendix was taken out! He had some of his finals moved and will be taking them in pretty quick succession later this week and early next week. Wahoo!

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58649 on: December 14, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear about your brother, VB... I took the younger son of a classmate on Saturday while she took her old boy to the ER with stomach pain -- fortunately, it turned out to be just a bug.

And thanks, peeps, for the kind words.  I never expected to see a healthy, 26 yr old (fairly recently married :( ) guy die so suddenly.  I was chatting with him in the elevator the day before... I feel so awful for his wife and family. 

Well, back to my FIL final (thank the creator for 24 hr take-homes...)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.