Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1775323 times)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58630 on: December 06, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
Thanks.  I know I need to stop comparing myself to others, but the temptation is so great.  I probably could have done more to stay on top of things this semester, but at this point I've done all that I possibly can do for tomorrow.  I made a good outline, I've taken every practice exam my professor posted, for the most part I think I understand this, and I know I can do this.  But I keep psyching myself out.

I really cannot wait for my first exam to be over so I can flip out over something else...

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58631 on: December 06, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
Thanks.  I know I need to stop comparing myself to others, but the temptation is so great.  I probably could have done more to stay on top of things this semester, but at this point I've done all that I possibly can do for tomorrow.  I made a good outline, I've taken every practice exam my professor posted, for the most part I think I understand this, and I know I can do this.  But I keep psyching myself out.

I really cannot wait for my first exam to be over so I can flip out over something else...

Good luck on your first final tomorrow!  Sounds like you are handling it well.  Just stay as calm as possible, focus, and write good stuff that spots as many of the issues you can find.  The more issues you spot, the more points you rack up, and you don't have to over analyze or go into giant depth writing about each issue.  Focus on identifying and briefly discussing/analyzing as many of them as possible. 

PS:  For a good after study stress relief thing, if you have a significant other that is understanding and still willing to talk to you now that you are, as most 1L's are perceived, going through the 1L "acting like a seemingly crazed person" phase, have sex!   
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58632 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »
Chuck had some great advice. I would echo his points about making sure you get enough sleep. Also, if you're anything like me, you will feel like your first final was horrible, that you failed, etc. I mean, I went home and cried afterward. But otherwise, I think I kept a normal amount of perspective during exam period just by going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Never underestimate how powerful it is for helping you retain concepts.

I'm taking Corps this semester. God, give me the strength not to LP this *&^%.

Next semester I've got T&E, Con Law, and 2 others that are sure to identify me if I mention them :). Oh, and a clinic! Definitely need to drop one of the classes once the semester starts, so I'm just going to see which sucks the most and get rid of that one.

really?  we're barely on LSD...do you think other people are? :P  Also, I saw on facebook that you are friends with an old coworker of mine who's also at your school!

:D :D :D

Well I told you that when I Googled something, Exile came up. Can never be too careful, ya know :)

Also, I love that you guys were coworkers. Is he how you knew about LSD? Because I totes remember him from his cycle.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58633 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »

Well I told you that when I Googled something, Exile came up.

That's because Exile is prestigious, immortal, and an important part of the fabric of the universe!   It's like documents and records from the ancients in the Stargate shows.     

"The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58634 on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »

Well I told you that when I Googled something, Exile came up.

That's because Exile is prestigious, immortal, and an important part of the fabric of the universe!   It's like documents and records from the ancients in the Stargate shows.     

Great, I've been waiting for the long-dead civilization comparison. Next will be Photoshops of our 'tars on sedimentary rocks, fossil style.

:D

That and we could build a spaceship called Destiny to send on a multi-million year mission to discover the secrets about the creation of the universe setup to be found by the next semi-intelligent group of benevolent people!  Wait, that name is being used, we'll call our spaceship Exile!

I'm bummed that no new stargate universe episodes are going to air until spring 2011, especially since I was expecting a new one last night.  :(

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58635 on: December 09, 2010, 10:32:09 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I'm literally at a point where I don't know if I'm studying too much or too little, or if I'm doing the right things.  I'm just completely spazzing out at this point.  I have to stop going on facebook because anytime someone in my section has a status about finals I get worked up that they're doing something I'm not. I haven't even been studying in the library, but I feel everyone's stress.

But I am going to get to bed at a reasonable hour and enjoy some ice cream and Seinfeld reruns before I go to sleep.  Thanks for the advice.

I wish people would stop posting stressed out fb status updates.  One guy, seriously, wished everyone at this university luck during finals and then hoped that everyone in his section will do 'almost' as good as him.  Douchiest move ever?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58636 on: December 09, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
I wish people would stop posting stressed out fb status updates.  One guy, seriously, wished everyone at this university luck during finals and then hoped that everyone in his section will do 'almost' as good as him.  Douchiest move ever?

Yes, that's a pretty douchey move.  I have one guy in my section who resembles Dexter in appearance and demeanor, not to mention the fact that's probably a very precise serial killer.  He made some comment to the extent that he enjoys being in the library because he feeds off of everyone else's stress.  That's been the worst finals moment I've had thus far.

Seriously though, I refuse to use Facebook to vent my finals frustrations, people really need to cool it.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58637 on: December 09, 2010, 02:02:38 PM »
...people really need to cool it.

Good luck with that idea.  It's an over a century old tradition for law students to freak out and stress out to the max during finals that isn't going to change or go away.  I'm glad facebook and all the other tech social networking stuff didn't exist when I went to LS.  We just had email and basic web access via dial up modems and didn't even have google until our 3rd year!  For the rumor mill we had to rely on in person and telephone communication.

How did your first final go Ms. Lemon?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58638 on: December 09, 2010, 02:25:29 PM »

Good luck with that idea.  It's an over a century old tradition for law students to freak out and stress out to the max during finals that isn't going to change or go away.  I'm glad facebook and all the other tech social networking stuff didn't exist when I went to LS.  We just had email and basic web access via dial up modems and didn't even have google!  For the rumor mill we had to rely on in person and telephone communication.

Yeah, I don't really expect people to stop freaking out.  I was pretty intolerable leading up to the first final.  It's really just the constant Facebook statusing.  My favorites are the gunners who claim to quit Facebook during finals.  They announce these intentions on Facebook, and I've caught a few of them on there in spite of their apparent decision to quit it.  I like Facebook because I think it's a nice outlet, and in spite of what these people might think, you cannot study 24/7.

I have no idea how the final went.  It really felt so-so.  When I first hit submit I was convinced I failed, I'm still pretty sure I seriously dropped the ball on one of the questions.  But other people apparently struggled with the question as well, so I guess that's good.  I woke up this morning, convinced that I didn't do enough to prepare and that I failed.  I guess we'll see.  Apparently one of my professors did really badly his first semester, and still managed to graduate cum laude, so I am comforting myself with that fact :)

Now I'm battling a gross cold and chronic fatigue, and I still have tons of work to do to prep for the  next two finals.  But I'm gonna make it.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58639 on: December 09, 2010, 04:54:17 PM »

Good luck with that idea.  It's an over a century old tradition for law students to freak out and stress out to the max during finals that isn't going to change or go away.  I'm glad facebook and all the other tech social networking stuff didn't exist when I went to LS.  We just had email and basic web access via dial up modems and didn't even have google!  For the rumor mill we had to rely on in person and telephone communication.

Yeah, I don't really expect people to stop freaking out.  I was pretty intolerable leading up to the first final.  It's really just the constant Facebook statusing.  My favorites are the gunners who claim to quit Facebook during finals.  They announce these intentions on Facebook, and I've caught a few of them on there in spite of their apparent decision to quit it.  I like Facebook because I think it's a nice outlet, and in spite of what these people might think, you cannot study 24/7.

I have no idea how the final went.  It really felt so-so.  When I first hit submit I was convinced I failed, I'm still pretty sure I seriously dropped the ball on one of the questions.  But other people apparently struggled with the question as well, so I guess that's good.  I woke up this morning, convinced that I didn't do enough to prepare and that I failed.  I guess we'll see.  Apparently one of my professors did really badly his first semester, and still managed to graduate cum laude, so I am comforting myself with that fact :)

Now I'm battling a gross cold and chronic fatigue, and I still have tons of work to do to prep for the  next two finals.  But I'm gonna make it.

Since you studied and took practice finals you can put your mind at ease, you didn't fail.  Many students don't even take practice finals with the previous ones that are available.  Most students say they are going to but most do not end up actually doing it.  Put the 'I failed' thoughts aside for the waiting period until grades come out.  You studied and practiced, knew the subject matter and gave it your best shot, so that should be something to keep reminding yourself about for comfort. 

Also, since you are getting a cold and feeling exhausted, make sure to be eating well and taking vitamins.  Multi-vitamin AND a B-complex vitamin.  I like the B-150 complex extended release from CVS, it's ~$10.  If your pee is not neon yellow you are not getting enough of the B-complex vitamins, and that stuff is really important for brain and nervous system functioning and energy levels.  If I don't take my B-150 for a few days my thinking gets clunky and sluggish.