Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1723351 times)

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58620 on: December 02, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »
good luck with finals everyone!
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

ElFieryHabanero

• View Profile
« Reply #58621 on: December 03, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »
Good luck yourself! What is everyone taking this semester? I've got Corporations, Evidence and ConLawII

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58622 on: December 03, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »
Ditto on the good luck to everyone!

Good luck yourself! What is everyone taking this semester? I've got Corporations, Evidence and ConLawII

I am taking Wills and Trusts, Evidence, Criminal Procedure, and Professional Responsibility
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58623 on: December 03, 2010, 08:32:45 PM »

I'm taking Corps this semester. God, give me the strength not to LP this *&^%.

Next semester I've got T&E, Con Law, and 2 others that are sure to identify me if I mention them :). Oh, and a clinic! Definitely need to drop one of the classes once the semester starts, so I'm just going to see which sucks the most and get rid of that one.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58624 on: December 04, 2010, 01:28:45 PM »

I'm taking Corps this semester. God, give me the strength not to LP this *&^%.

Next semester I've got T&E, Con Law, and 2 others that are sure to identify me if I mention them :). Oh, and a clinic! Definitely need to drop one of the classes once the semester starts, so I'm just going to see which sucks the most and get rid of that one.

really?  we're barely on LSD...do you think other people are? :P  Also, I saw on facebook that you are friends with an old coworker of mine who's also at your school!

All my classes this semester were public health- epidemiology, health policy, health economics, environmental health, biostatistics, public health implication of AIDS. 
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58625 on: December 04, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
Anyone have any advice to get me to stop freaking out about finals?  I took a practice exam earlier this morning and it just did not go as well as I hoped.  Now I'm in a crippling panic. 

Having said that, I wish all of you guys luck on your finals.  You're going to be great.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58626 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
Anyone have any advice to get me to stop freaking out about finals?  I took a practice exam earlier this morning and it just did not go as well as I hoped.  Now I'm in a crippling panic. 

Having said that, I wish all of you guys luck on your finals.  You're going to be great.
Here's my advice but others may have better:
Don't freak out. I did worse on the finals I stressed more about. Don't worry if you aren't the last to finish. Others took more time than me and did worse. STUDY - Even if open book you really don't want to waste the time. And find time to chill from studying. Go workout, get out of the library, do something to keep yourself from going insane. Good luck. You will totally rock finals!
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58627 on: December 05, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »

1L first semester finals are the worst to face.

It's impossible not to be stressed out and freaking out to some degree going into it unless you just totally sedate yourself into a coma like state.  It is a normal 1L feeling and just recognizing that can help you calm down a bit. 

Take sanity breaks and don't over study.  Take time to go to the gym, go for a jog, take a walk in the park, wander the streets aimlessly, play poker with bums in a back alley, whatever in order to get time away from the books.

Have a stop studying time each night and stick to it.  Along with that get your sleep wake cycle in order so that you go to bed at about the same time each night, get up at about the same time each morning and get a good amount of hours of sleep per night in that cycle.  That is important.  Over studying like lots of 1L's do goes way past the point of diminishing returns. 

Set a time that each night you close the books and then do something that will make you happy (watch a TV show, have ice cream or a snack, take a bath and have a calgon moment, whatever) and then get ready for and into bed. 

Basically, take time away from the books for stress relief and to get proper rest and nutrition.
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58628 on: December 05, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »
Thanks, guys.  I'm literally at a point where I don't know if I'm studying too much or too little, or if I'm doing the right things.  I'm just completely spazzing out at this point.  I have to stop going on facebook because anytime someone in my section has a status about finals I get worked up that they're doing something I'm not.  I haven't even been studying in the library, but I feel everyone's stress.

But I am going to get to bed at a reasonable hour and enjoy some ice cream and Seinfeld reruns before I go to sleep.  Thanks for the advice.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58629 on: December 05, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
Thanks, guys.  I'm literally at a point where I don't know if I'm studying too much or too little, or if I'm doing the right things.  I'm just completely spazzing out at this point.  I have to stop going on facebook because anytime someone in my section has a status about finals I get worked up that they're doing something I'm not.  I haven't even been studying in the library, but I feel everyone's stress.

But I am going to get to bed at a reasonable hour and enjoy some ice cream and Seinfeld reruns before I go to sleep.  Thanks for the advice.

Sounds about right for first round of finals with the spazzing and comparing yourself to what your classmates are doing and wondering if you are 'doing it right'. 

Stop comparing yourself to what your classmates are doing and trying to use that info as a measure of whether or not you are on the right track and are ahead or behind.  Doing that and letting what classmates are doing influence how you study will drive you wonko crazy.  Get YOUR OWN study routine down and stick to it.

During my first round of 1L finals I had a room in the campus dorm for law students I stayed in weekdays to avoid wasting time commuting to campus from my real home.  Every night leading up to finals and during the two weeks of finals I closed the books and stopped studying by 9pm.  Since I didn't have cable TV or high speed internet in the room to keep me entertained I wandered the halls with beers in hand and knocked on doors looking for somebody else that was ready for a hang out and chill sanity break.   

One night, a few days before our torts final, a classmate that seemed really smart and that everybody thought was going to be at the top of the class invited me into his room to chill over a few beers.  I was in shock and awe at what I saw.  He had gotten a big roll of paper that was 3 feet wide and was making flowcharts on it for each class. 

He had one stuck on the wall that was ~15 feet long with his torts 'flow chart' on it. 

As I was sitting there on his couch sipping a beer and staring at that thing he tried to explain it to me.  At first I was intrigued and intimidated and thought 'oh f'ck, I'm way behind and not preparing enough', but then as he got more into trying to explain the thing to me (and not doing the study break relax and chill thing he invited me in for) I decided to leave his room.  It was simply too overwhelming to sit there and try to relax with him, plus his flow chart had major problems.  His stress and obsessiveness was bleeding into me while I was staring at his giant wall to wall torts banner. 

He did not achieve grades to put him anywhere near the top of the class.  After graduation he failed the bar exam twice that I know of and after his second fail was let go by the DA's office he was working for and would have become a full time prosecutor for once licensed. 

Dan was a big time over studier.
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"