Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1774630 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58510 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
I started my fall clinic in early July, so I really won't have a break before classes start on the 24th.  That's okay, because the clinic is the best thing about law school thus far.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58511 on: August 11, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
are you ignoring OCI?

this is going to suck.

(although, tbf, this year is so far shaping up to be noticeably better than last year)

I figure if I ignore it hard enough, I can just breeze through the week with minimal agony?

Our OCI starts on August 23. I figure my week won't be as hectic as some others. I'll probably only get between 15-20 interviews from the lottery. Now, if those interviews are at 8am, I'm in trouble. The true Jamie Stringer sparkle doesn't start until about 11am.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58512 on: August 12, 2010, 08:33:04 AM »
Our OCI is going on right now in NYC... (Fortunately, I am not in NYC)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58513 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:40 PM »
Eh, I don't think people really "sell out"... I think that a lot happens during the first year of law school, and people have a better idea of what practicing law actually means -- and some who never thought they'd want to join Big Law, decide they do, whether for financial or personal reasons.  My own reasons for not wanting to do Big Law have more to do with personal reasons than some philosophical save-the-world notions -- I found I like law more than I ever expected, and actually want to be able to practice it, whether in a small firm or as a solo.  I don't need to make a lot of money, and quality of life means way too much to me to spend 3-5 years in BigLaw hell.  But I'm pulling for my OCI-ing buds -- I'm just glad it's not me. ;)

space for rent.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58514 on: August 12, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »
Ugh, I'm sorry.  I saw a job posting just last week for a firm manager, but it was on the East Coast -- made me think of you, though ;)...

space for rent.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58515 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »
Some people OCI's are currently going on right now.  That is absurd.

I wish I had more of an idea of what I actually wanted.

Oh and from reading ATL, Congrats to you on your offer.

Thanks :).  That's another reason why I was careful about the firms I bid on for OCI -- something sweet in the pocket just in case!

I can't imagine doing OCI so absurdly early. I mean, it's basically no vacation! I'm sad for Cornellians.

All the public interest people are now obsessing over whether or not they want to work at Simpson or Weil, etc.   Sell outs.

:D :D :D :D

It cracks me up when people say "Oh, I totally want to do [insert public interest job here], but I'm going to a firm for a couple of years to pay down my loans." Um, no. We have LRAP. Stop lying to yourself and others. If there's really a good reason, then go for it. But it's not to pay down loans, for sure.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58516 on: August 13, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
ugh, oil and gas law training all week, thank god tomorrow is the last day i'm ready to pour melted lead in my earholes so i dont have to hear anymore.....

i'm the only lawyer in the room.  today's scintillating discussion:

"does anyone know what the rule of capture is?"

killlllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllmeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58517 on: August 13, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »

Happy almost weekend Exile folk!  Happy Friday!  Oh crap, I just noticed, today is Friday the 13th, I hope nothing bad happens.
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58518 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »
ugh, oil and gas law training all week, thank god tomorrow is the last day i'm ready to pour melted lead in my earholes so i dont have to hear anymore.....

i'm the only lawyer in the room.  today's scintillating discussion:

"does anyone know what the rule of capture is?"

killlllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllmeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You mean the "finder's keepers" rule, as long as it didn't belong to someone first? ;D

We need to get together sometime very soon, since I won't be here much longer.

agreed, maybe next weekend?
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58519 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
hah.  Is everyone busy moving back and stuff?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.