Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1722614 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58340 on: June 25, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
Anyone else get a sick sense of enjoyment watching the fresh meat on TLS panic over their impending LSAT scores?

So glad it's not me.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58341 on: June 25, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?!?!?!?11!

;D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58342 on: June 25, 2010, 01:09:38 PM »
They seem to get worse with each test.

Yes, they definitely do.  So glad I'm done with that, but I'm still ashamed over how badly I was freaking out that day.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58343 on: June 25, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »

Yes, they definitely do.  So glad I'm done with that, but I'm still ashamed over how badly I was freaking out that day.

I can understand freaking out a bit leading up to taking the test, but freaking out while waiting a few hours for the score is weak sauce.  Anyone that prepped and practiced decently well should have a pretty good idea, within a few points, of how they did.  I'm always baffled by the people who end up with a score ~10 points lower than their claimed practice test average who also thought they did really well after the test. 
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58344 on: June 25, 2010, 03:56:57 PM »
its worse i think because they dont have the illusion of a stable economy, so every point will make a difference; and they know it.

that said....::laughs anyway::
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58345 on: June 25, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »

I can understand freaking out a bit leading up to taking the test, but freaking out while waiting a few hours for the score is weak sauce.  Anyone that prepped and practiced decently well should have a pretty good idea, within a few points, of how they did.  I'm always baffled by the people who end up with a score ~10 points lower than their claimed practice test average who also thought they did really well after the test. 

I'm fairly certain that these people "practiced" by leisurely going through sections.  Maybe they even timed them, but took long breaks in between.  When my friend was PTing, she was in the mid-170s and ended with a 166.  Even she admitted that her practice sessions were pretty much BS and weren't a good gauge of where she'd end up.

its worse i think because they dont have the illusion of a stable economy, so every point will make a difference; and they know it.

that said....::laughs anyway::

So true.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58346 on: June 26, 2010, 01:35:07 PM »
Did anyone see what the curve was on that test? -12 for a 170 and there was even a removed question. I wonder if it's the hordes of underprepared "ZOMG I CAN'T FIND A JOB WITH MY LEISURE AND RECREATION STUDIES DEGREE!!!!!!!!!111111111111Q!?/" people who are making it easier for those who prepped?

True, but the difference between a 168 and 171 is huge nowadays.

True. I honestly didn't feel any different between my first and second test, even though there was a 5 pt. difference. And, I'm sure those 5 points made a difference in where I ended up.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58347 on: June 26, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
Did anyone see what the curve was on that test? -12 for a 170 and there was even a removed question. I wonder if it's the hordes of underprepared "ZOMG I CAN'T FIND A JOB WITH MY LEISURE AND RECREATION STUDIES DEGREE!!!!!!!!!111111111111Q!?/" people who are making it easier for those who prepped?

True, but the difference between a 168 and 171 is huge nowadays.

True. I honestly didn't feel any different between my first and second test, even though there was a 5 pt. difference. And, I'm sure those 5 points made a difference in where I ended up.

I thought I did just as badly on #3 (+9) as 1 and 2 .  Goes to show you perceptions are totally whacked when it comes to these things.

And I'm totally LOLing over the L & R degree... (and glad I ended up where I'm at...)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58348 on: June 27, 2010, 10:01:26 AM »
A friend of mine was telling the other day she spent all day at work on TLS. But luckily she realized that most of them are freaking out way too much.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58349 on: June 27, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Putting together my bid list for EIP. Taking condolences/words of sympathy or empathy/commiseration.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French