Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1826104 times)

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out
« Reply #58290 on: June 09, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

Exile.

Four days with no vital signs, what else can I say other than say it isn't so?    :'( :'( :'(

Well I am around. I was just waiting for someone else to say something. My life has been pretty boring lately because I started work. Its actually pretty interesting and I am doing a lot of different things. Other than that pretty boring.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58291 on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »
nah it's not dead.  this isn't the first time it's been quiet for a few days.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58292 on: June 09, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
I will offer a random anecdote in the interest of contributing a post:

Today I went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life and I learned that my spine is seriously messed up.  They did a scan and showed me the pictures, so I'm fairly certain they aren't lying.  Awesome news to receive 2 months before I lose health insurance.

Has anyone here been to a chiro?  Did it help?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58293 on: June 09, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
I had no internet for like, 3-4 days! Plus, no TV! I felt like I was living in Little House on the Prairie.

Thank God I was able to rejoin civilized society.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #58294 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:30 AM »
I had no internet for like, 3-4 days! Plus, no TV! I felt like I was living in Little House on the Prairie.

Wow, how'd that happen and how'd you manage to survive without going crazy into major information/media withdrawals?  Did you get lost/stranded in the mountains or something?  I can't think of anywhere else where you would be deprived of such essentials, even all those poor kids in BFE 3rd world countries in Africa and in the jungles of South America have TV and internet in their huts these days.

I remember a week in April of last year when I got stranded in Vegas without a car, w/o a working cell phone, w/o a place to stay and with less than $40 and no access to more $$$ due to crazy circumstances that did not involve gambling.  During that time having to sleep behind a gas station one night and under a car in a parking lot another night sucked less than not being able to check my email without finding and walking or taking a bus to a public library to get free net access.  I felt like getting a piece of cardboard, making a sign that said 'will work for email access', and holding it up on a street corner! 
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58295 on: June 10, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »

Today I went to a chiropractor for the first time in my life and I learned that my spine is seriously messed up.  They did a scan and showed me the pictures, so I'm fairly certain they aren't lying.  Awesome news to receive 2 months before I lose health insurance.

I don't trust them.  We read a case about one that tried to cure eye cancer or something...needless to say it didn't work
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58296 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »
Glad to hear that job's going well, Nav. Hopefully the job is closer to home than school is.

Its actually only a 30 min commute instead of and hour so it is definitely better  ;D

I don't know if I would have survived. We go on vacation in the mountains where you can only get internet and phone if you go about a mile away (which we have to do for meals) and that is hard enough.

I don't trust them.  We read a case about one that tried to cure eye cancer or something...needless to say it didn't work

I went to a chiropractor once and it felt great when they did their magic but it only lasted a day or so. They are good at treating the symptoms but not the cause. And blue, that was one of my favorite cases because I really pondered why someone would believe the chiropractor when their child had eye cancer. I mean I usually don't go to the oncologist for my misaligned back.
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58297 on: June 10, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

I went to a chiropractor once and it felt great when they did their magic but it only lasted a day or so. They are good at treating the symptoms but not the cause. And blue, that was one of my favorite cases because I really pondered why someone would believe the chiropractor when their child had eye cancer. I mean I usually don't go to the oncologist for my misaligned back.

Hmmmmm...I tend to feel that alternative medicines are actually better at treating the cause than the symptom but certainly docs are better equipped to handle many things.  The problem is that I get vertigo sometimes, and there isn't really a cure or great medicine I can take.  I've been getting it a lot more frequently over the past two weeks, and it completely interferes with my day and my ability to function.  I've been reading about people with vertigo who go to chiros and it fixes them, but I also feel like this place is going to suck up a ton of my time and money.  I guess I'll try it and see how it goes.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58298 on: June 10, 2010, 01:21:51 PM »
Hmmmmm...I tend to feel that alternative medicines are actually better at treating the cause than the symptom but certainly docs are better equipped to handle many things.  The problem is that I get vertigo sometimes, and there isn't really a cure or great medicine I can take.  I've been getting it a lot more frequently over the past two weeks, and it completely interferes with my day and my ability to function.  I've been reading about people with vertigo who go to chiros and it fixes them, but I also feel like this place is going to suck up a ton of my time and money.  I guess I'll try it and see how it goes.

I guess what I meant by it is the aligned my back which was causing it to hurt but they didn't fix why my back was misaligned so the pain just came back. It might be good to try because maybe it will help with your vertigo. They are definitely good at fixing the alignment of your back.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58299 on: June 10, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »

I lived out in the woods for two months once. No cell phone coverage, no tv, just internet. Internet was enough to keep me occupied though.