Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1819857 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #58230 on: May 19, 2010, 03:14:23 PM »
How many ways does ATL suck?  Grumble...
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58231 on: May 19, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
Wow Harvard people don't sound cool at all. Good thing I don't know any (especially awesome ones that love SBTB) ;)

Nav, I would normally respond to this, but my head is so far up my ass, I simply couldn't read the post at all... :)

::worships::

::curtsies::

I don't think the Garvey email was newsworthy, but I think it's kind of crappy if the word limit thing wasn't made clear to all involved. The resolution seems pretty fair to me and only a bunch of pedantic, peckish lawyers (or lawyers-in-training) would make such a big deal about the solution.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58232 on: May 19, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »

Sigh. Office drama.

:(

And you deferred a year to put up with them  :-\

I know... It's gotten nasty, but could have a decent resolution.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58233 on: May 19, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »

I don't think the Garvey email was newsworthy, but I think it's kind of crappy if the word limit thing wasn't made clear to all involved. The resolution seems pretty fair to me and only a bunch of pedantic, peckish lawyers (or lawyers-in-training) would make such a big deal about the solution.

I agree that it did suck (although I feel the mess up with our CivPro exam was much worse,) but seriously -- there are proctors everywhere, and the professor was less than a few hundred yards away.  If you don't understand the exam instructions, ask for a clarification.   But sending the whole mess to ATL, knowing that Elie and the commentors are going to trash this woman's reputation -- and, predictably, claim she was an affirmative action hire and make sexist/racist comments -- is such a mean-spirited thing to do.  Is a slight disadvantage on one exam worth it?  (Well, apparently at my POS school it is, so I guess that question was purely rhetorical...)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58234 on: May 19, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »
Wait, what happened with your Civ Pro exam?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58235 on: May 19, 2010, 05:31:20 PM »
Wait, what happened with your Civ Pro exam?

Our prof explicitly told us in class that the 30 question/1 essay exam would be graded 66/33.  She then sent out exam instructions which said the exam would be graded according to the suggested time on each section, but didn't indicate that the weights had changed from the 66/33 she'd previously stated.  In the exam, the suggested times were 90 minutes each.  Because I'm getting a special exam, I didn't even notice the change, but then, neither did a lot of standard test takers.  I thus allotted my time 66/33, and spent way too little time on my essay.  But, c'est la vie -- I probably should have paid better attention and not relied on her previous statements.  I'm certainly not running to ATL to whine about it.  Sh!t happens.  It probably all balances out in the end.

space for rent.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58236 on: May 19, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
Sigh. Good news and bad news. I officially have my degree and my diploma is in the mail. But a couple friends just got turned into the Honor Code Office   :'(

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58237 on: May 19, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
Damn. Not good. I wish them luck.

Congrats to you on completing your degree. Any decisions as far as what's next?

Yup. Deferring a year until going to Penn.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58238 on: May 19, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »
Holy moses!  Someone found the one product out there that is NOT made better by bacon.... and then made it!

Bacon flavored vodka

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #58239 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »
yeah, mix it in with OJ and milk and its a "liquid breakfast". :o

Tastes even better going down the second time.