Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1788013 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #58220 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
yep, sounds like harvard.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58221 on: May 19, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »
yep, sounds like harvard.

...from what you've learned from the movies? The closest you'd come to the school is Harvard Extension. stfu.

This is shocking and really takes the cake for the ultimate academic scumbag award:

Ex-Harvard student pleads not guilty to faking credentials
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/massachusetts.harvard.student/index.html

Thank god the guy was caught and that he hadn't made it to LS if that might have been his next aspiration in his scheme. 

It's absolutely outrageous. I was just telling someone today that, had the dude not gotten greedy and applied for Marshall and Rhodes scholarships, he'd have probably just gotten a degree. This Boston Globe article is probably the best summary I've read thus far and has much more information: http://www.boston.com/yourtown/woburn/articles/2010/05/18/ex_harvard_student_accused_of_living_a_lie/?page=1

This is some "The Talented Mr. Ripley" sociopathic shi+.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58222 on: May 19, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
I find it amazing that no one at Harvard caught him for so long.  A basic Google search would have probably taken him down when they realized he never did any of the things he said he did when he applied for previous grants.  But thank god he was caught and didn't take away a Rhodes or Fulbright award from someone who actually deserved it.

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #58223 on: May 19, 2010, 11:22:39 AM »
Did anyone else notice that yesterday was the 30th anniversary of Ian Curtis' death? Good lord I'm old.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58224 on: May 19, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
Sigh. Office drama.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58225 on: May 19, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »

...from what you've learned from the movies? The closest you'd come to the school is Harvard Extension. stfu.

Ex-Harvard student pleads not guilty to faking credentials
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/massachusetts.harvard.student/index.html

Thank god the guy was caught and that he hadn't made it to LS if that might have been his next aspiration in his scheme. 

It's absolutely outrageous. I was just telling someone today that, had the dude not gotten greedy and applied for Marshall and Rhodes scholarships, he'd have probably just gotten a degree. This Boston Globe article is probably the best summary I've read thus far and has much more information: http://www.boston.com/yourtown/woburn/articles/2010/05/18/ex_harvard_student_accused_of_living_a_lie/?page=1

This is some "The Talented Mr. Ripley" sociopathic shi+.

Just read that article. What a creeper...

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #58226 on: May 19, 2010, 12:07:55 PM »
Its easy to see why he got away with it for so long. People at harvard as so far up their own ass that they assume everyone else there is a god too and couldnt be guilty of a fart. Looks like you gods found your loki  :P

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58227 on: May 19, 2010, 12:52:07 PM »
I find it amazing that no one at Harvard caught him for so long.  A basic Google search would have probably taken him down when they realized he never did any of the things he said he did when he applied for previous grants.  But thank god he was caught and didn't take away a Rhodes or Fulbright award from someone who actually deserved it.

Oh, I totally agree. For me, it just shows how completely ridiculous schools are for well-heeled kids. The fact that the kid said he went to an elite prep school + did one year at MIT was enough for the adcomm? And who was his undergraduate thesis adviser who didn't check him for so long and allowed a substantially plagiarized work win prizes? It's crazy.

Sigh. Office drama.

:(

And you deferred a year to put up with them  :-\

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #58228 on: May 19, 2010, 01:28:54 PM »
When you guys say win prizes I keep imagining him on like The Price is Right or something. It would totally be cooler if he was.

Sorry but I am totally board at work right now. I need to stop being so efficient.

Sigh. Office drama.
Sorry VB

Its easy to see why he got away with it for so long. People at harvard as so far up their own ass that they assume everyone else there is a god too and couldnt be guilty of a fart. Looks like you gods found your loki  :P

Wow Harvard people don't sound cool at all. Good thing I don't know any (especially awesome ones that love SBTB) ;)
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58229 on: May 19, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »
Wow Harvard people don't sound cool at all. Good thing I don't know any (especially awesome ones that love SBTB) ;)

Nav, I would normally respond to this, but my head is so far up my ass, I simply couldn't read the post at all... :)