Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1772342 times)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #58130 on: May 10, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
Yeah the people talking about vacation trips MUST be employed during said period..... ::)

because we have jobs

Actually mine is during the time I have a job. I will either be going on weekends or after work. I have a job all summer.

The idea of a weekend seems to have failed our friend.  I hope all of you enjoy your well-deserved vacations this summer.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58131 on: May 10, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
So Liz, are you going to move to Philly before school starts?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58132 on: May 10, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »
I know that summer plans of just working at my same-old job aren't as prestigious as the rest of you ;) but I'll be off to Cape Cod in late June for my best friend's wedding! Yay for vacations!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58133 on: May 10, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
ooh  forgot I will be going to Colorado for a wedding

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58134 on: May 10, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

I signed a lease to move 8/10.  I wanted a little more time, but I have a lot of packing and cleaning to do, so this will allow me to work through July and then prepare for the move.  The good news is I have amazing friends who are willing to help, so hopefully move-in day won't be too bad!

I was just in Philly this weekend and it was great.  I'm glad I spent the weekend there to familiarize myself with the public transit and the grid system.  Hopefully the adjustment won't be too rough, but I have to get used to the sketchy people who seem to be everywhere in the city  :-\

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58135 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »
ooh  forgot I will be going to Colorado for a wedding

I hope you'll have time to meet some Exilers.

I thought about it, but I'll only be there for one full day and that would be the day of the wedding...so it looks like I'll be really crunched for time but I'll let you all know

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58136 on: May 10, 2010, 02:01:51 PM »

I signed a lease to move 8/10.  I wanted a little more time, but I have a lot of packing and cleaning to do, so this will allow me to work through July and then prepare for the move.  The good news is I have amazing friends who are willing to help, so hopefully move-in day won't be too bad!

I was just in Philly this weekend and it was great.  I'm glad I spent the weekend there to familiarize myself with the public transit and the grid system.  Hopefully the adjustment won't be too rough, but I have to get used to the sketchy people who seem to be everywhere in the city  :-\

yeah, there's sketchy people in every city though.  When I took the train to work here, I started wearing headphones all the time because I got tired of weird people talking to me.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when a dude gave me his business card, and he was a professional clown.  That creeped me out so much I never talked to anyone again.

It's good that you've gotten a bit acclimated.  It's not that far from home for you, right?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58137 on: May 10, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »

yeah, there's sketchy people in every city though.  When I took the train to work here, I started wearing headphones all the time because I got tired of weird people talking to me.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when a dude gave me his business card, and he was a professional clown.  That creeped me out so much I never talked to anyone again.

It's good that you've gotten a bit acclimated.  It's not that far from home for you, right?

No it's not far from home at all.  About 2 hours, completely manageable for me.

I know there's sketchy people everywhere, but I work in Times Square, which is where suspicious goes to hang out (as per Amy Poehler on SNL) and I still found sections of Philly to be a little creepy.  The deserted subway was especially odd.  I'm sure I'll learn to ignore it soon though.

You're in ATL, right?  Whenever I think about the MARTA, all I think of is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXz-tlK2pkI

I hope you kept the professional clown business card.  You never know when that can be useful  ;D

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58138 on: May 10, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
You're in ATL, right?  Whenever I think about the MARTA, all I think of is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXz-tlK2pkI

lol yup, that's what I dealt with on a daily basis ;) 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #58139 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
This thread seems to have stoped congraulating me.  this needs to change ASAP
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.