Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1826413 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #58040 on: May 03, 2010, 01:21:47 AM »
I know you all be hatein' since you ain't at cooley, but that be ok. I let it slide.

TimMitchell

« Reply #58041 on: May 03, 2010, 01:31:51 AM »
I just wanted to remind you that you chose the wrong school...but we did have a flood a few months ago too

Cold hearted

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58042 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:00 AM »
Wait, y'all have to do write-on for all the journals at your school? You can't just join one?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

TimMitchell

« Reply #58043 on: May 03, 2010, 02:16:17 AM »
Wait, y'all have to do write-on for all the journals at your school? You can't just join one?

Hey, I know you guys have a write-on too!

There are three journal here including the flagship. From what I've gathered as long as you make a decent effort you'll get onto one of the two secondaries (because so many people get disqualified for violating the rules, or decide to compete but never complete their note). LR is pretty selective though, of course.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58044 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:10 AM »
Well yeah, we have write-on for HLR. Otherwise we can just join journals 1L year. I don't think any other journal has a formal process like write-on though.

TimMitchell

« Reply #58045 on: May 03, 2010, 02:44:05 AM »
Well yeah, we have write-on for HLR. Otherwise we can just join journals 1L year. I don't think any other journal has a formal process like write-on though.

What happens if the ~460 that don't make it on HLR all decide they want to be on the Black Letter Law Journal?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58046 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
What happens if the ~460 that don't make it on HLR all decide they want to be on the Black Letter Law Journal?

tbf, we have like, 15 journals here besides LR. I doubt they have that many people who want to do BLLJ. Most people go for ILJ, JLPR, or JLPP. I honestly don't know what would happen if everyone wanted to do one small journal though. I just don't think they've thought of it because it hasn't been an issue.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #58047 on: May 03, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »

Hey, I know you guys have a write-on too!

There are three journal here including the flagship. From what I've gathered as long as you make a decent effort you'll get onto one of the two secondaries (because so many people get disqualified for violating the rules, or decide to compete but never complete their note). LR is pretty selective though, of course.

I could have written the bolded for TTTundra as well.  Plus, we have the LLI, which is a separate write-on competition.

I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58048 on: May 03, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »
Almost everyone makes it on a journal here (I think they told us 110 people wanted to write on for like 90 spots), so hopefully I don't @#!* up and don't make it on something  :-\  I'm nervous
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58049 on: May 03, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »
Have you read your bluebook cover to cover?
Did you pass college writing?
Will you finish the writing packet?

If your answer to any one of these is yes, odds are you'll get on to a journal :D
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.