Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1723784 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #58020 on: May 02, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
thanks! At least the rain is keeping me from being distracted by the beautiful weather we have been having lately.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58021 on: May 02, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
Maybe you all aren't thinking about this yet but...is there a strategy for ranking journals when you have to submit your choices for which ones you would like to be on? 

Up here they rank the journals for us. If we get on law review that's it, the other two journals have to fight (to the death) over the rest.

thanks! At least the rain is keeping me from being distracted by the beautiful weather we have been having lately.

The problem with beautiful weather in Ithaca is that it comes with swamp-air. ::yuck::
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #58022 on: May 02, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
Maybe you all aren't thinking about this yet but...is there a strategy for ranking journals when you have to submit your choices for which ones you would like to be on? 

Up here they rank the journals for us. If we get on law review that's it, the other two journals have to fight (to the death) over the rest.

For us, we don't have to rank the main journal first.  I was wondering if there would be some reason to *not* put it first
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

TimMitchell

« Reply #58023 on: May 02, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

For us, we don't have to rank the main journal first.  I was wondering if there would be some reason to *not* put it first

I don't think so, unless there is some particular reason you really want to be a specific secondary journal. We don't have to rank the flagship first here either.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58024 on: May 02, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
random story- I met a lawyer from one of the bigger firms here at a party last night, and he said he gets a $5,000 referral fee if he refers a person who gets hired at the firm.  Do all big firms have this??

TimMitchell

« Reply #58025 on: May 02, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
random story- I met a lawyer from one of the bigger firms here at a party last night, and he said he gets a $5,000 referral fee if he refers a person who gets hired at the firm.  Do all big firms have this??

Every place I've worked for has some kind of program like that, but I didn't expect big firms to for some reason. Is it for laterals only or does it include 1st years?

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58026 on: May 02, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »

Every place I've worked for has some kind of program like that, but I didn't expect big firms to for some reason. Is it for laterals only or does it include 1st years?

I think it includes 1st years

TimMitchell

« Reply #58027 on: May 02, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »

Did you say: "Perhaps we can come to some sort of... 'agreement'" ::WINK::

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58028 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »

Did you say: "Perhaps we can come to some sort of... 'agreement'" ::WINK::

haha yup, I told him I would totally work there

TimMitchell

« Reply #58029 on: May 02, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
I'm going to have a huge edge on the Conlaw exam considering some of my classmates  are going to have to Kayak to school