Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1773792 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57880 on: April 26, 2010, 04:21:42 PM »
Spotting the issues alone is time consuming, then explaining how to apply six variations on a single rule to the facts at hand, plus coming up with reasonable policy arguments to change the law so the case comes out "better," when are you supposed to have time to even look at your notes in an exam?

I found that having notes was almost a liability last semester, I kept thinking that I would have time to find something I forgot, but I never did.

The only exception was single question in a multiple choice section that wanted to know who said what in a ALI argument over a restatement rule. :P

I dread the thought of a take-home exam. There's just no way to convince yourself you've done your best. I know I'd spend every minute I was trying to sleep or eat worrying that I should be working.

ICK.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57881 on: April 26, 2010, 04:29:51 PM »
I dread the thought of a take-home exam. There's just no way to convince yourself you've done your best. I know I'd spend every minute I was trying to sleep or eat worrying that I should be working.

ICK.

This is why I am dreading it.

And the real reason I do outlines is because I find it the best way to go over my notes to study. I never really have time to use it.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57882 on: April 26, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »

ICK.

This is why I am dreading it.

And the real reason I do outlines is because I find it the best way to go over my notes to study. I never really have time to use it.

Exactly why I do it.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #57883 on: April 26, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
no *&^% sherlock, ANY organizational skill is only a tool. You could own HomeDepot and not ever build a house.

what lawstudent hasn't. You make it sound like a big deal, how is it "hard" to spot an issue and know the elements and IRAC it into an essay? ???

All I know is you guys bellyache about something that you get to cheat on. How could anyone get less than 100% if they have their cribnotes right out in the open with unlimited access?

:D  Clearly you've never taken a LS fact pattern, spot the issues, essay exam.

Just where does policy come in on your exams?  All my exam have been/will be 50%+ policy - IRAC alone won't get you to median.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57884 on: April 26, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
no *&^% sherlock, ANY organizational skill is only a tool. You could own HomeDepot and not ever build a house.

how does that even make sense?
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57885 on: April 26, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

how does that even make sense?

LMAO

::rolls on floor::

I'm tipsy...but this is still funny
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57886 on: April 26, 2010, 07:28:23 PM »
in all seriousness, my exam today was kinda rough.  even with my notes  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  but I only have one left, so I'm happy.  I really can't believe the worst part is almost over though.  I'm really looking forward to this summer (and next year) :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #57887 on: April 26, 2010, 10:02:28 PM »
I bet they let you guys bring in drinks to it and pee in more than one at a time during the exam. (they're afraid we'll play "swords" or something at my school)

By the way, who the hell but "bunnies" in my post? Mods and their damn geenie powers! >:(

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57888 on: April 26, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »
MA: don't let this be you please http://joshblackman.com/blog/?p=4407

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #57889 on: April 26, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
He went to an "institute of technology".....PC dudes are born nuts. Mentality of an electician but with nerd spice added. Devils cocktail.