Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1776140 times)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57760 on: April 05, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
The dress didn't seem that bad but it definitely went below the breastbone, which is apparently a violation.  I'm mostly amused by paddling as a form of punishment.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57761 on: April 05, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »
Modest is hottest!!!

reez

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57762 on: April 05, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »
The dress didn't seem that bad but it definitely went below the breastbone, which is apparently a violation.  I'm mostly amused by paddling as a form of punishment.

It's wayyy more than "six inches above the knee-line," too.  Looks like basically a miniskirt under a single layer of tulle.

I don't know why I'm so pissed at this girl.  I think I just hate the local news.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57763 on: April 06, 2010, 12:17:32 AM »
IT people are always so rude!!!  >:(

::frustrated::

Usually that ones that are really rude don't even know what they're talking about. What happened?

My guess is that it was somebody outsourced that lives in India.  They are the worst.

With one of the servers I've had when there was a problem I called tech support and got routed to some woman in India that didn't know $hit.  She was at home doing dishes in her kitchen (I could hear her running the sink and the clinking of the dishes) plus I heard the cows mooing that were wandering around her place.  When I went aggro and asked her she admitted she was working from home in India.

It turned into a long yelling match.  I told her she didn't know a damn thing that her job is about and to stop just repeatedly reading me the scripts she was given. 

"Yes lady, I cleared the cache, rebooted the PC's, refreshed the browsers and tried to reboot the server from the control panel several times.  Can you stop repeatedly telling me to close and restart my browser so we can move along to solve this problem that is on your end?  I did all that basic stuff before I called you.  Do I have to tell you that 75+ times?  Duh, close IE and/or Firefox and all apps and then restart PC, what a brilliant concept.  Did you go to school to learn that?"

It was the middle of the night my time (call started at ~1:30am PST) and went on for a few hours.  The lady got really nasty with me and yelled, cursed and screamed at me in her native language as well as in broken English curse phrases for a long time after I told her to get a job doing something she knows something about, not tech support, and not wash the dishes while taking a customer service call. 

That was a fun conversation.  While paying $179 a month for hosting a dedicated server with high bandwidth I'm not going to tolerate useless tech support where I hear cows mooing and dishes being done during the call. 

::moos softly::

did you check to see if it was plugged in?  try moving the moose.

ROFL

The girl actually did at one point ask me if my computer was turned on.  I was pretty much "OMFG woman, I'm managing multiple servers and using multiple PC's, don't you think I would know whether things are plugged in and powered up and how to use a mouse?  Please close your kitchen window so the cows noises stop bothering me.  Do you have one in your living room or something?"

It was by far the most entertaining tech support call I've ever experienced. 
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57764 on: April 07, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
I'm so unmotivated to study for finals.  They're in like 2 weeks.  Anyone else?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57765 on: April 07, 2010, 11:19:04 PM »

I have one more class, a paper to finish (almost done), and a take-home final left. Cruising to the end!!!

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57766 on: April 12, 2010, 06:13:47 AM »

I am totally with you. I think everyone at school is fading fast.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

TimMitchell

« Reply #57767 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »

I've had to start unplugging the internet when I'm studying to minimize procrastinating, I have so much to do!

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57768 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
Just got back from Chicago ASW. Not in love. But for logistical reasons, maybe?

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57769 on: April 13, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
Thank you anonymous individual who flashed their brights at me right before I went through a speed trap and saved me from a speeding ticket.