Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1774072 times)

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57750 on: April 03, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »
Well... dinged off the waitlist at one of my top choice Canadian schools. Looks like I now have some choices to make.

Where do you think you'll be heading?
and in related news, why is Robin Williams no longer funny?  Live on Broadway was great, Mrs. Doubtfire is one of my favorite movies, Aladdin is a work of art....

But he scared the *&^% of of me in One Hour Photo and SVU.  And Old Dogs!?! 

I almost bought Mrs. Doubtfire today! Great movie!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57751 on: April 04, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
Did anyone hear about this?  http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress/19425583

It says she chose suspension over...paddling ???  I thought that was illegal
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57752 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »
Did anyone hear about this?  http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress/19425583

It says she chose suspension over...paddling ???  I thought that was illegal

WTF is up with that, school officials in Alabama are legally allowed to paddle high school students as a form of discipline...  Huh  ???

Haven't a bunch of parents in various states been charged, prosecuted and convicted in criminal court for disciplining their grade school/pre-teen/junior HS kids because they did it with a light spanking?  And this happened in Alabama of all places!  

What a completely absurd and retarded set of actions from the school authorities, especially given the facts and circumstances.  It's not like she flashed herself on the dance floor, got caught getting down and dirty with a boy or brought a weapon in with her.

I don't see anything wrong or close to being over revealing about that dress.  Even if it was a minor technical violation of a stupid draconian school dress code rule, why not just turn her away at the door and tell her to go home and put on something else and come back, and/or for 'discipline' so that the school administrators feel all powerful, give her a few hours of detention or make her pick up trash on campus or something.  HS students are past the young age range where getting punished with a spanking is a common and acceptable method.   

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57753 on: April 04, 2010, 08:01:16 AM »
spanking not illegal.

TimMitchell

« Reply #57754 on: April 04, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »
Did anyone hear about this?  http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress/19425583

It says she chose suspension over...paddling ???  I thought that was illegal

Prom King & Queen

And LOL @ paddling. It's like Alabama goes out of their way to make sure nobody usurps them as the most backward state.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57755 on: April 05, 2010, 12:18:38 AM »
and in related news, why is Robin Williams no longer funny? Live on Broadway was great, Mrs. Doubtfire is one of my favorite movies, Aladdin is a work of art....

But he scared the *&^% of of me in One Hour Photo and SVU.  And Old Dogs!?! 

Probably because he quit drinking again?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57756 on: April 05, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »
IT people are always so rude!!!  >:(

::frustrated::

Usually that ones that are really rude don't even know what they're talking about. What happened?

My guess is that it was somebody outsourced that lives in India.  They are the worst.

With one of the servers I've had when there was a problem I called tech support and got routed to some woman in India that didn't know $hit.  She was at home doing dishes in her kitchen (I could hear her running the sink and the clinking of the dishes) plus I heard the cows mooing that were wandering around her place.  When I went aggro and asked her she admitted she was working from home in India.

It turned into a long yelling match.  I told her she didn't know a damn thing that her job is about and to stop just repeatedly reading me the scripts she was given. 

"Yes lady, I cleared the cache, rebooted the PC's, refreshed the browsers and tried to reboot the server from the control panel several times.  Can you stop repeatedly telling me to close and restart my browser so we can move along to solve this problem that is on your end?  I did all that basic stuff before I called you.  Do I have to tell you that 75+ times?  Duh, close IE and/or Firefox and all apps and then restart PC, what a brilliant concept.  Did you go to school to learn that?"

It was the middle of the night my time (call started at ~1:30am PST) and went on for a few hours.  The lady got really nasty with me and yelled, cursed and screamed at me in her native language as well as in broken English curse phrases for a long time after I told her to get a job doing something she knows something about, not tech support, and not wash the dishes while taking a customer service call. 

That was a fun conversation.  While paying $179 a month for hosting a dedicated server with high bandwidth I'm not going to tolerate useless tech support where I hear cows mooing and dishes being done during the call. 

::moos softly::

did you check to see if it was plugged in?  try moving the moose.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

reez

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57757 on: April 05, 2010, 03:32:22 AM »
Did anyone hear about this?  http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress/19425583

What should be illegal is calling the local news every time a school rule keeps you from doing whatever your little heart desires.

You found the perfect dress?  And you even paid for it?  ZOMG THE PRINCIPAL HAS GOT TO GO!!  Let's achieve this by yelling about the fact that a voluntary paddling was one option for your punishment that you could have chosen but definitely did not choose because you think it's, like, old-fashioned.  Yes, that will cut to the heart of the matter.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57758 on: April 05, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

What should be illegal is calling the local news every time a school rule keeps you from doing whatever your little heart desires.

You found the perfect dress?  And you even paid for it?  ZOMG THE PRINCIPAL HAS GOT TO GO!!  Let's achieve this by yelling about the fact that a voluntary paddling was one option for your punishment that you could have chosen but definitely did not choose because you think it's, like, old-fashioned.  Yes, that will cut to the heart of the matter.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. The paddling thing is stupid, but doesn't affect this particular student. I do agree with Chuck that it would have been best if the student was allowed to go home and change instead of jumping to the punishment immediately. However, if students were warned about this ahead of time, then I don't see why she would even take the chance. I'm sure she could have brought her dress (or a picture of the dress) to school to get it approved by someone in advance.

When I worked at a HS, we warned female students about prom dresses starting months in advance and inevitably, we'd have people in violation of the dress code. No suspension or paddling or anything, but the female students were forced to either go home and change or wear their date's coat the whole night to cover themselves. It ruins their pictures, but at least they were allowed to enjoy the prom.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57759 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »
I guess it's all a little foreign to me since my high school's dress code was so incredibly liberal. And then I went to BYU where the girls totally cover themselves...  ???