Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1787214 times)

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57720 on: March 26, 2010, 12:17:47 AM »
take that! I'm sticking my tongue out at you all just like my mascot
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57721 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
Knowing that I might get a response in time, I'm putting out an opinion question.

I have to attend an accepted students dinner this evening.  It's being hosted by current students, and my fiance cannot come.  I tend to be very shy in these kinds of situations, so I want to bring a friend and pretend he's my cousin.

Is this kind of wrong?

TimMitchell

« Reply #57722 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
Knowing that I might get a response in time, I'm putting out an opinion question.

I have to attend an accepted students dinner this evening.  It's being hosted by current students, and my fiance cannot come.  I tend to be very shy in these kinds of situations, so I want to bring a friend and pretend he's my cousin.

Is this kind of wrong?

I'd bring your friend and just say he's your friend, but it looks like I'm late. What did you wind up doing?

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57723 on: March 27, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

Is this kind of wrong?

I'd bring your friend and just say he's your friend, but it looks like I'm late. What did you wind up doing?

I brought him and said he was my cousin.  The funniest thing was that we were both wearing flannel and jeans that day and went straight from work to the event.  We looked like such hipsters.

I felt like I had to fib a little because the event was at a relatively pricey restaurant and the invite was a little weird.  They encouraged you to bring a guest, but discouraged parents and did not exactly say friends should come.  The invite pretty much said "bring your spouse, partner or significant other."  Ultimately about half the people RSVPed yes and did not come, so it didn't matter at all.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57724 on: March 27, 2010, 03:04:18 PM »
Why would it be? If you're allowed to bring a guest, you're allowed to bring a guest. Right?

e: To respond to the ninja edit, I think specifically discouraging you from bringing parents is more important than not specifically mentioning that you shouldn't bring a friend. It's generally discouraged to bring parents to any law school function they don't make it a point to invite them to, but not friends.

This topic reminds of a classic song that is filled with truth:

Parents Just Don't Understand  and make events with friends AWKWARD.

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57725 on: March 27, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »

Is this kind of wrong?

I brought him and said he was my cousin.  The funniest thing was that we were both wearing flannel and jeans that day and went straight from work to the event.  We looked like such hipsters.

I felt like I had to fib a little because the event was at a relatively pricey restaurant and the invite was a little weird.  They encouraged you to bring a guest, but discouraged parents and did not exactly say friends should come.  The invite pretty much said "bring your spouse, partner or significant other."  Ultimately about half the people RSVPed yes and did not come, so it didn't matter at all.

Awesome plan.  When you start school there next fall, everyone's going to think that you married your cousin  ;) ;)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57726 on: March 28, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »

Awesome plan.  When you start school there next fall, everyone's going to think that you married your cousin  ;) ;)

Lol.  Probably.

TimMitchell

« Reply #57727 on: March 28, 2010, 02:34:25 PM »

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57728 on: March 28, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

You're one to talk. Halley's comet shows up more often than you do.

At least he said something.  He used to post a lot more frequently, just like the group of active regulars that once existed but now all seem to have been incarcerated in places with no internet access.  

Really, c'mon boys and girls, they have internet access in the frigging LS libraries.  I want to hear the excuses about why everyone that has been a regular vaporized.  

Is someone going to claim 'my dog chewed up the USB keyboard cable so I couldn't type' ?  :D
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57729 on: March 28, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
I thought that I was doing pretty well in my NCAA bracket.  In the end... I didn't even pick a conference right in the final four.  Pretty sure no money's coming my way.