Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1794068 times)

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57670 on: March 08, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »
Just bought my cap and gown for graduation. Let's hope I make it there ;)

Hope you enjoy graduation, vb. I wish like hell I'd been drunk for mine. Just something to keep in mind. ;)

During my UG graduation it was sweltering hot out and I got stung by a bee during the ceremony.  I wish I had been drunk so I didn't feel the pain.  On the bright side, the graduation ceremony pictures of me came out with me looking really good with a nice smile despite the pain I was feeling.  They were taken not long before I puffed up from a reaction to the bee sting. 

Congrats VB  ;D

When is the ceremony?  I thought most were in May or June or later.  You just planning way ahead to be ready?

The ceremony is in about a month and a half, I think April 22-23. We don't have a spring break, so we end pretty early.

Being deprived of spring break sucks, bordering on military boarding school type of treatment.  Glad you survived and are getting 'paroled' soon.

Even military boarding schools get spring break.

Congrats vb. Glad its finally over

Just stopping in briefly to say hey. I am in New Orleans with some friends from law school for spring break. Good times :)

While there you must visit Cafe Dumonde and have some coffee and beignets. 

http://www.cafedumonde.com/main.html

There is nothing like it elsewhere, it cannot be duplicated and it is incredible.

I've always had a preference for Cafe Madeline over Cafe Du Monde

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57671 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:53 AM »
Just bought my cap and gown for graduation. Let's hope I make it there ;)

Hope you enjoy graduation, vb. I wish like hell I'd been drunk for mine. Just something to keep in mind. ;)

During my UG graduation it was sweltering hot out and I got stung by a bee during the ceremony.  I wish I had been drunk so I didn't feel the pain.  On the bright side, the graduation ceremony pictures of me came out with me looking really good with a nice smile despite the pain I was feeling.  They were taken not long before I puffed up from a reaction to the bee sting. 

Congrats VB  ;D

When is the ceremony?  I thought most were in May or June or later.  You just planning way ahead to be ready?

The ceremony is in about a month and a half, I think April 22-23. We don't have a spring break, so we end pretty early.

Being deprived of spring break sucks, bordering on military boarding school type of treatment.  Glad you survived and are getting 'paroled' soon.

Yeah, no breaks for us. But if you go to my school during the summer, you get Pioneer Day off!  ;D

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57672 on: March 08, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »

Yeah, no breaks for us. But if you go to my school during the summer, you get Pioneer Day off!  ;D

Clearly that's worth missing out on spring break for! 

Seriously though, you're done so soon!  You have a sweet pre-LS break ahead of you!

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57673 on: March 08, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »
We actually had cafe dumonde today. Very good. My sister was also with us and she goes to new Orleans so much she is practically a local. This morning we ate at this amazing place in the Treme. Best French toast ever. It's called little dizzy's.

Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57674 on: March 09, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
the way in which he is doing it guarantees he will pick his successor.

state law requires 500 signatures from all 9 districts by feb 16, if i'm not mistaken.....an impossibility for less than 24 hours time.

i dont expect the current state democratic chair to be around longer than the next year, as well.

ah, well, he was an obstructionist on issues i care about, so...

::shrugs::

here is some new blood coming into illinois: brad ellsworth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Ellsworth

get those engines started.

can't even get your states right, putz.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57675 on: March 09, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
We actually had cafe dumonde today. Very good. My sister was also with us and she goes to new Orleans so much she is practically a local. This morning we ate at this amazing place in the Treme. Best French toast ever. It's called little dizzy's.

Sweet!  I loved the time I spent in New Orleans.  Bourbon Street was a lot of fun (except for when my friend got mugged late one night after pulling cash from an ATM).

It was a really weird coincidence that I was there at the same time with my good friend I've known forever.  We hadn't talked for a few weeks, didn't plan it and our trips were both sudden last minute -go here now- biz trips.  I boarded the plane and there he was with his wife.  They even had the same return flight I had.  It worked out well and we had a great time.  The restaurants there have excellent food PJC would probably love.

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57676 on: March 14, 2010, 10:43:22 AM »
Daylight saving time caught me by surprise. I'm not a happy camper
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57677 on: March 14, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »

You certainly aren't the only one...

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57678 on: March 14, 2010, 01:14:49 PM »

You certainly aren't the only one...

Same here. I didn't even realize it until I looked at the guide on my tv.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57679 on: March 14, 2010, 03:00:12 PM »
I woke up at noon today and my phone said it was one and I felt like a lazy slob, and then I saw my watch and spent five minutes scratching my head (and silently scolding my phone) before I figured it out and stopped feeling like such a bum.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.