Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1825073 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57660 on: March 06, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »
blueskies' summer job is blowing up my newsfeed.  good stuff.

???

Congrats??

I'm weird, I have interest in a lot of different places.  But I'm from North Jersey and find the idea of living in Philly increasingly appealing since it would be a slight change in scenery without dragging me too far from home.  Despite their sports fans, I like Philly and would be happy to live there.  I visited the school on Monday and I loved it, but my scholarship is non-renewable and I just can't justify that when other schools are offering me renewable scholarships with pretty easy-going stipulations.

Definitely negotiate. I was nervous as hell when I approached schools about different things and always got the "the worst they can say is no" line (which never actually soothed me or made me less nervous). In reality, schools really do dislike losing students when they are losing them to competitor schools. I don't know who the main competitor schools are to Temple, but I'd use those if possible. But really, don't be nervous. It's way more nerve-wracking to have the extra mountain of debt ;D

Just bought my cap and gown for graduation. Let's hope I make it there ;)

SO EXCITED for you!!!

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57661 on: March 06, 2010, 03:24:55 AM »

Hope you enjoy graduation, vb. I wish like hell I'd been drunk for mine. Just something to keep in mind. ;)

During my UG graduation it was sweltering hot out and I got stung by a bee during the ceremony.  I wish I had been drunk so I didn't feel the pain.  On the bright side, the graduation ceremony pictures of me came out with me looking really good with a nice smile despite the pain I was feeling.  They were taken not long before I puffed up from a reaction to the bee sting.  

Congrats VB  ;D

When is the ceremony?  I thought most were in May or June or later.  You just planning way ahead to be ready?
Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57662 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »
Congrats on the graduation, VB! Its such an exciting thing. I was not drunk for the actual graduation, but i was not in good condition since I was drinking for about two full weeks prior. 

And speaking of drinking too much, today is Hoboken St. Patrick's Day. Glad to know that three years later, i still find it appropriate to spend my Saturdays drinking.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57663 on: March 06, 2010, 07:28:52 PM »
Congrats on the graduation, VB! Its such an exciting thing. I was not drunk for the actual graduation, but i was not in good condition since I was drinking for about two full weeks prior. 

And speaking of drinking too much, today is Hoboken St. Patrick's Day. Glad to know that three years later, i still find it appropriate to spend my Saturdays drinking.

What is Hoboken St. Patrick's Day??  Never heard of that before and I had a flat mate in Socal for over 2 years that was a guy from Ireland (born and raised there) while he was the owner and manager of and running an Irish pub he started that was a ~30 foot walk from the exit gate of our apartment complex.  I really miss the shepherds pie and the corned beef they made authentic Irish style.  It was darn good stuff.  Best corned beef I've ever had.

"The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57664 on: March 07, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »
I am not Irish (though I am marrying a Scottish man and I think that counts for something), but I love St. Patrick's Day traditions.  Although I don't think the "Blow me I'm Irish" shirt I saw yesterday counts as a tradition, I like the parades, the color green, and corned beef.

Anyway, Hoboken is a town in NJ that is just across the river from NYC and A LOT of people live there and commute to NYC.  It's one of the most densely populated towns in the country and it has the most bars per square mile in the US.

So on the day of their St. Patrick's Day parade, all the bars open extremely early and the town gets overrun by pretty much everyone and their mother so they can spend all day Saturday drinking.  People come from out of town, Manhattanites come in and whine about it, and of course, I come in!  The bars get a little ridiculous, the lines are insane, cover charges are very high, and they run out of toilet paper so quickly that most people bring their own.  As a result of this, people throw house parties so no one has to go to the bars, but those tend to get completely out of control.  In an effort to keep it civil, fines for drinking and urinating in public are upwards of $2,000.  Last year, there were so many arrests that the parade was almost canceled altogether.  Thankfully, my boss throws a house party that is nice and tasteful.  And it seemed that people were generally calmer yesterday, so I was happy. 

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57665 on: March 07, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »

Hope you enjoy graduation, vb. I wish like hell I'd been drunk for mine. Just something to keep in mind. ;)

During my UG graduation it was sweltering hot out and I got stung by a bee during the ceremony.  I wish I had been drunk so I didn't feel the pain.  On the bright side, the graduation ceremony pictures of me came out with me looking really good with a nice smile despite the pain I was feeling.  They were taken not long before I puffed up from a reaction to the bee sting. 

Congrats VB  ;D

When is the ceremony?  I thought most were in May or June or later.  You just planning way ahead to be ready?

The ceremony is in about a month and a half, I think April 22-23. We don't have a spring break, so we end pretty early.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57666 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »

During my UG graduation it was sweltering hot out and I got stung by a bee during the ceremony.  I wish I had been drunk so I didn't feel the pain.  On the bright side, the graduation ceremony pictures of me came out with me looking really good with a nice smile despite the pain I was feeling.  They were taken not long before I puffed up from a reaction to the bee sting. 

Congrats VB  ;D

When is the ceremony?  I thought most were in May or June or later.  You just planning way ahead to be ready?

The ceremony is in about a month and a half, I think April 22-23. We don't have a spring break, so we end pretty early.

Being deprived of spring break sucks, bordering on military boarding school type of treatment.  Glad you survived and are getting 'paroled' soon.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57667 on: March 07, 2010, 08:13:54 PM »

Congrats VB  ;D

Being deprived of spring break sucks, bordering on military boarding school type of treatment.  Glad you survived and are getting 'paroled' soon.

Even military boarding schools get spring break.

Congrats vb. Glad its finally over

Just stopping in briefly to say hey. I am in New Orleans with some friends from law school for spring break. Good times :)
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57668 on: March 07, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »

Congrats VB  ;D

Even military boarding schools get spring break.

Congrats vb. Glad its finally over

Just stopping in briefly to say hey. I am in New Orleans with some friends from law school for spring break. Good times :)

While there you must visit Cafe Dumonde and have some coffee and beignets. 

http://www.cafedumonde.com/main.html

There is nothing like it elsewhere, it cannot be duplicated and it is incredible.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57669 on: March 07, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »
the way in which he is doing it guarantees he will pick his successor.

state law requires 500 signatures from all 9 districts by feb 16, if i'm not mistaken.....an impossibility for less than 24 hours time.

i dont expect the current state democratic chair to be around longer than the next year, as well.

ah, well, he was an obstructionist on issues i care about, so...

::shrugs::

here is some new blood coming into illinois: brad ellsworth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Ellsworth

get those engines started.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare