Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1775544 times)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57650 on: March 03, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
I need to negotiate my scholarship with Temple, and I'm getting increasingly nervous that they won't budge :(

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57651 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
update on my life: I'm such a failure as a law student.  I never want to do work (but I eventually get it done).  Anyone else have that problem, or is everyone breezing through their readings and briefs?

I turned in my brief exactly at the deadline time. I am behind in all classes on readings (some have just fallen by the wayside until the end of the semester -- and even then, I'll probably just read the briefs and not the actual cases). I have zero motivation to do actual work except for fear that I will fail out and die. I also really dislike my classes this semester wayyyyy more than last semester. Profs are OK, but the subject matter just seems way more boring.

And instead of working at the library right now, I'm writing this. Fail.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :)  That's pretty much exactly explains my semester, except I'm hoping to turn my brief in tonight instead of tomorrow night because my family will be here tomorrow.  

I need to negotiate my scholarship with Temple, and I'm getting increasingly nervous that they won't budge :(

good luck! do you have some scholarship from other schools you can use as leverage?

edit: I just checked your LSN, I bet they'll up your scholly :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57652 on: March 03, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »

Where are you hoping to practice? You have a good deal of geographic areas represented on LSN and if you're interested in practicing in Philly, I'd negotiate. If you're interested in elsewhere, it's probably not worth your time.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57653 on: March 03, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »

Where are you hoping to practice? You have a good deal of geographic areas represented on LSN and if you're interested in practicing in Philly, I'd negotiate. If you're interested in elsewhere, it's probably not worth your time.

I'm weird, I have interest in a lot of different places.  But I'm from North Jersey and find the idea of living in Philly increasingly appealing since it would be a slight change in scenery without dragging me too far from home.  Despite their sports fans, I like Philly and would be happy to live there.  I visited the school on Monday and I loved it, but my scholarship is non-renewable and I just can't justify that when other schools are offering me renewable scholarships with pretty easy-going stipulations.

Thanks for the good wishes, blue!

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57654 on: March 04, 2010, 01:36:13 AM »

reez

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57655 on: March 04, 2010, 04:30:10 AM »
blueskies' summer job is blowing up my newsfeed.  good stuff.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57656 on: March 04, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »
update on my life: I'm such a failure as a law student.  I never want to do work (but I eventually get it done).  Anyone else have that problem, or is everyone breezing through their readings and briefs?

I turned in my brief exactly at the deadline time. I am behind in all classes on readings (some have just fallen by the wayside until the end of the semester -- and even then, I'll probably just read the briefs and not the actual cases). I have zero motivation to do actual work except for fear that I will fail out and die. I also really dislike my classes this semester wayyyyy more than last semester. Profs are OK, but the subject matter just seems way more boring.

I'm way more motivated this semester (thank you, student health services, for finally getting me appropriate ADD meds,) but have had so much less time, between the emergency housing move and walking pneumonia.  I also turned in my brief at the very last minute (literally - 8:59am.)  I like most of my classes (Crim, unfortunately, is so dull) and my profs, but feel like I'm just treading water at this point.  I'm looking forward to break starting next Friday, just so I have the whole week to play catch up.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57657 on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
LOL@ http://abovethelaw.com/2010/02/lawyer_sells_law_degree_on_craigslist.php#more

Particularly the last line.

actually, not bad price for chance consort "anal dickheads."  usually have go minnesota for that sort action.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57658 on: March 04, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »
Just bought my cap and gown for graduation. Let's hope I make it there ;)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57659 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »
Just bought my cap and gown for graduation. Let's hope I make it there ;)

YAY!!!
update on my life: I'm such a failure as a law student.  I never want to do work (but I eventually get it done).  Anyone else have that problem, or is everyone breezing through their readings and briefs?

I'm way more motivated this semester (thank you, student health services, for finally getting me appropriate ADD meds,) but have had so much less time, between the emergency housing move and walking pneumonia.  I also turned in my brief at the very last minute (literally - 8:59am.)  I like most of my classes (Crim, unfortunately, is so dull) and my profs, but feel like I'm just treading water at this point.  I'm looking forward to break starting next Friday, just so I have the whole week to play catch up.

I'm in more or less the same boat. I'm about a week behind in everything, and I have no motivation (or energy to try to catch up), and I struggle to keep on top of the reading. Adding the memo on top of that was ... destructive. Oh, and I've been sick enough to miss classes and readings twice already.

PS: don't get me started on the job search :P
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.