Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1825077 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57510 on: January 27, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
So I ran into an old friend who's now a lawyer and graduated from the law school here.  I said to her "it's great to see you, how long are you in town" and gave her a hug.   She turned out to be a girl from my class.  With make up on, she's a dead ringer for my friend.  She's very reserved and proper.  I have never felt so awkward in my whole life.  I explained that I thought she was someone else.  That probably just added to the awkwardness.

Ouch. I gave someone a big wave and a "Hey, (friend's name)!" in a parking lot they other day. We walking opposite directions and were pretty far away from each other, and after we got a little closer to each other I could see he wasn't my friend but just some stranger. I just kind of looked past him, as if there was someone kind of behind him that I was shouting at, but he looked back and saw no one was there. I just awkwardly kept walking.

TimMitchell

« Reply #57511 on: January 27, 2010, 08:01:51 PM »
You're thinking of the wrong blue... although bluepervert probably works equally well for both

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57512 on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
So I ran into an old friend who's now a lawyer and graduated from the law school here.  I said to her "it's great to see you, how long are you in town" and gave her a hug.   She turned out to be a girl from my class.  With make up on, she's a dead ringer for my friend.  She's very reserved and proper.  I have never felt so awkward in my whole life.  I explained that I thought she was someone else.  That probably just added to the awkwardness.

I've definitely done this too. When I realize that it's not the right person, I usually just start laughing hysterically. I don't usually get too embarrassed by things like that.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57513 on: January 28, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
You're thinking of the wrong blue... although bluepervert probably works equally well for both

oops.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57514 on: January 28, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
There was one time I mistook someone as a girl I knew (sadly, not the rarest thing for me to do).  What made it especially awkward was that this girl was wearing a nice outfit and i said "you look so cute today!" thinking she was my friend.

then i realized it was not my friend...this girl looked terrified.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57516 on: January 28, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »
I am very proud to say that the other day I thought I saw my friend walking in front of me in the direction we walk to the bus and I was going to shout out to her and didn't.  Later she turned around and wasn't my friend at all.  I've learned from my awkward ways.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

TimMitchell

« Reply #57517 on: January 28, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
I am very proud to say that the other day I thought I saw my friend walking in front of me in the direction we walk to the bus and I was going to shout out to her and didn't.  Later she turned around and wasn't my friend at all.  I've learned from my awkward ways.

Good awkward avoidance, Blue!

*goes for high five*

*misses a bit and only hits like half the hand*

*awkward expressions*

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57518 on: January 29, 2010, 12:40:54 AM »
 :D :D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57519 on: January 29, 2010, 02:44:22 AM »
If awkward was a currency, I'd be rich.

I always buy coffee off this guy that can't stop providing awkward moments.  A couple of weeks ago, there was actually no awkward moment.  And then he said "It's 2.13...  Sorry, I always say something random like the price when there's an awkward moment".  So the one time we had a normal give and take, he acknowledged an awkward moment which actually didn't occur.  He totally stepped his game up.  The awkwardness flooded the room.