Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1808949 times)

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57480 on: January 17, 2010, 09:37:10 PM »

I apologize to !закон и право! for jumping down his throat by posting an assumption/conclusion I jumped to based on one of his posts that led to an anger filled little war between us. 
Amends have been made, things have been clarified and the hostility is over.

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57481 on: January 17, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »

I apologize to !закон и право! for jumping down his throat by posting an assumption/conclusion I jumped to based on one of his posts that led to an anger filled little war between us.  
Amends have been made, things have been clarified and the hostility is over.

No worries Chuck.

I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't doing anything unethical, or "cheating" my way into law school, as per the implications of your replies. I tend to hold myself to a pretty high ethical standard with regard to these things. This is mainly why I got so defensive after having been accused.

I'm simply trying to keep a tight lid on my applications until I figure out what I intend to do next year.

Anyway, I also apologize for some of the hostile/defamatory/libelous remarks I may have made in my posts.

Cool.  I appreciate your response and that we were able to settle this and get past it.  

I'm over it and understand better what your position is after PM'ing with you about it to work it out.  I totally understand being careful with applications stuff while deciding what to do especially while socializing on the internet/discussion boards where 'big brother' is watching.

I'd buy you a beer if I could but for now an internet one,

Cheers!  

"The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57482 on: January 18, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
can anyone recommend a good con law supplement?
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

TimMitchell

« Reply #57483 on: January 18, 2010, 05:55:50 PM »

I've heard Chemerinsky is hands down the best out there. I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't give you any first hand knowledge.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57484 on: January 18, 2010, 07:13:05 PM »

I've heard Chemerinsky is hands down the best out there
. I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't give you any first hand knowledge.

Yes, this ^.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57485 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »

. I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't give you any first hand knowledge.

Yes, this ^.

I wouldn't even say it's the best because it's more or less the only supplement out there.
At least I can f-ing think.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57486 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »

Yes, this ^.

+1 I just borrowed the reserve copy whenever I was going over a section. Be careful to pay attention to the way your prof phrases all the tests, our prof used very diifferent descriptions than chemerinsky (e.g. strict scrutiny for SDP vs EP). But his explanations are wonderfully clear.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57487 on: January 19, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »

Yes, this ^.

+1 I just borrowed the reserve copy whenever I was going over a section. Be careful to pay attention to the way your prof phrases all the tests, our prof used very diifferent descriptions than chemerinsky (e.g. strict scrutiny for SDP vs EP). But his explanations are wonderfully clear.

Chemerinsky is hands down the best, the guy should be appointed as a justice on SCOTUS.  I used his materials and they helped a lot, much better than other sources. 

If you ever have a chance to see/hear him lecture (you'll probably have to come to Socal to see it live since he's now the dean of the new UCI LS), do it!  He's amazing.

I was lucky enough to have him as the professor of one of my LS classes and he made the class interesting, understandable and enjoyable.  Plus, when I did bar prep classes he was the lecturer for con law.  He NEVER had even a single piece of paper on the podium in front of him during any lecture, it was all out of his head, both in LS and bar prep.  During the bar prep class he would tell us things like "look at page X, sub part (A), subsection (a) 1" or whatever and recite it verbatim with zero notes or paper in front of him.  I was impressed.

IO less intellectual news:  Yesterday when I got dressed I ended up putting on a pair of woman's jeans that was in my room.  They did fit for the most part but felt kinda funky.  I kept wondering why the pockets were so small and why the front 'barn door' was so small before I figured it out.  But hey, they were clean and stylish!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57488 on: January 19, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
thanks everyone  :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57489 on: January 19, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
IO less intellectual news: Yesterday when I got dressed I ended up putting on a pair of woman's jeans that was in my room. They did fit for the most part but felt kinda funky. I kept wondering why the pockets were so small and why the front 'barn door' was so small before I figured it out. But hey, they were clean and stylish!

uh oh.