Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1775470 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57470 on: January 16, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »
I don't see anything unethical about keeping the fact that he's applied to law school under his hat. There are good reasons why he wouldn't want current employers to know this until he knows where and what he's going to be doing. And as far as adcoms go with regard to content posted here, I totally agree with his decision to limit as much as possible their ability to zero in on his app. How many people have ddubbed even a single post for that very reason?

I totally get that. Online privacy: check, keeping adcoms information limited: double check.  I can even understand people not wanting their coworkers/boss to find out. My comment was about his not wanting people to find out because they are influential academics or whatever.

But I think such deceptions are shortsighted and more likely to burn bridges than anything. People are not likely to help you in the future, either by writing recommendations, acting as references, or pulling strings to get you somewhere, if you were dishonest with them in the past. Even more so when you're specifically deceiving people about what you're applying for.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57471 on: January 16, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Anyway

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57472 on: January 16, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »
Jerry!  Jerry!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57473 on: January 16, 2010, 05:10:40 PM »
Can I interrupt this squabble to ask anyone who might have time on their hands to put a single call/fax/email into some relief agency (CARE, Save the Children, etc.,) or the state department asking for someone to start sending assistance to this orphanage:  Maison des Infants de Dieu ("For His Glory"), Delmas 31 # 32, Port au Prince.  The adoptive daughters of a LS prof/friend are there, and things are getting dire.  The squeaky wheel theory and all - make enough noise and it will stick.  Thanks to any and all who can help.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57474 on: January 16, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »
Can I interrupt this squabble to ask anyone who might have time on their hands to put a single call/fax/email into some relief agency (CARE, Save the Children, etc.,) or the state department asking for someone to start sending assistance to this orphanage:  Maison des Infants de Dieu ("For His Glory"), Delmas 31 # 32, Port au Prince.  The adoptive daughters of a LS prof/friend are there, and things are getting dire.  The squeaky wheel theory and all - make enough noise and it will stick.  Thanks to any and all who can help.

I e-mailed the state department.  My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and the children, as well as the people of Haiti.  I hope someone gets to them soon.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57475 on: January 16, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Can I interrupt this squabble to ask anyone who might have time on their hands to put a single call/fax/email into some relief agency (CARE, Save the Children, etc.,) or the state department asking for someone to start sending assistance to this orphanage:  Maison des Infants de Dieu ("For His Glory"), Delmas 31 # 32, Port au Prince.  The adoptive daughters of a LS prof/friend are there, and things are getting dire.  The squeaky wheel theory and all - make enough noise and it will stick.  Thanks to any and all who can help.

I'll email care, I know of some people who work there

eta: emailed UNICEF as well
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57476 on: January 16, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »
This may be a good time to remind everyone that you can donate your Lexis points to the American Red Cross. All Lexis donations to the ARC through March will be directed to Haiti.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57477 on: January 16, 2010, 07:58:55 PM »
You guys are awesome.  Thank you.  Purportedly, CNN is on their way to Maison, so maybe all the noise has been heard.

ETA:  Rumor was incorrect.  No CNN.  :(
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57478 on: January 17, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
So...

I now want my grades. 

See, after you mocked me for wanting to know, I feel redeemed ;D

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Jamie Stringer