Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1819817 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #57420 on: January 05, 2010, 09:57:17 PM »
I puked in 2 parking lots today.

FYI, switch to beer and avoid the hard liquor. 

Pretty sure he's a beer drinker already which makes his post even funnier in my book.

ION: Back at school. J-term = completely lolworthy.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57421 on: January 06, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
MA, my app at Harvard was held for further review. I'll have to write them a nice letter, etc.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57422 on: January 06, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
Law apps are annoying. NYU still hasn't responded. I was getting slightly excited by the prospect of a joint JD/JD through Osgoode/NYU. Still pending at Berkeley as well (not very impressive ECs).

Also, nothing from Canadian schools...

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57423 on: January 06, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »
MA, my app at Harvard was held for further review. I'll have to write them a nice letter, etc.

Held for further review doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. It's just that they tell people they'll get some form of response within 2 months. You're not in the clear reject pile though (obvs). I really am thinking of a nice way I can let them know that they need to admit you.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57424 on: January 06, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
I was getting slightly excited by the prospect of a joint JD/JD through Osgoode/NYU.

what is this?  I'm guessing it's so you can practice in both the US and Canada, but this seems a bit strange
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57425 on: January 07, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »

Held for further review doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. It's just that they tell people they'll get some form of response within 2 months. You're not in the clear reject pile though (obvs). I really am thinking of a nice way I can let them know that they need to admit you.

Yeah, I know. But it almost means an uncertain waitlist. But I'll send in more info, etc. to help their decision to admit me!  ;D

.Chuck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question-Type Finder utility
« Reply #57426 on: January 07, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »

Yeah, I know. But it almost means an uncertain waitlist. But I'll send in more info, etc. to help their decision to admit me!  ;D

Not necessarily.  It's still early in the cycle, the holidays have just ended, meaning adcoms have not been doing much recently except having secretaries and staffers collect the applications, see if they are complete and organize them for review.  Many more applications are coming in so they don't want to make a bunch of offers and fill up tons of the seats early in the cycle without having seen the full applicant pool they have to select from. 

Most of the volume of applications are not submitted and considered complete and ready for review until well after the new year begins. 

So try not to stress and race to conclusions about it.  I didn't receive most of my acceptances I had to choose from (mostly from T14 LS's) until March and later, stretching out until June.  The acceptance from my school of choice that I went with didn't come in until mid-late May, but then again I was a splitter so that may explain why my applications were held for so long before going to decision. 

It was kinda funny at times.  Since I had such a high near perfect LSAT score I received many acceptances and scholarship offers early on and all through it from schools I never applied to due to that LSAC thing you opt in or out of allowing schools to harvest scores and basic info about recent test takers.  I got offers with a full ride from a bunch of schools I had never heard of. 

They were mostly low to medium ranked schools and were probably doing it to try to improve their ranking stats.  I was just surprised when I kept getting big envelopes from no-name schools (many of which were not ABA approved) that said "Congratulations, you have been accepted to Dewy Cheatum & How Law School and awarded a full tuition scholarship" and I was like 'Huh? who are you, did I fill out and send you an application in my sleep that I don't remember doing?'

Quote from: goaliechica

IOPJCRN (In other PJC-related news)
cheeseburger glazed donut bun
 "The burger has been met by criticism from burger puritans and from people who...WANT TO LIVE"

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #57427 on: January 08, 2010, 08:40:52 AM »
I wanted everyone to know that I have a snow day today.  Be jealous
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57428 on: January 08, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »
alert media.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57429 on: January 08, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
media alerted.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.