Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1814686 times)

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: The Law School Years
« Reply #56710 on: October 26, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
Re: insurance repairs

A lady once ran into me because she was making a left turn while I had the straight-ahead right-of-way. The body shop referred by her insurance company asked me if I preferred that the car be totalled or repaired (repaired), then valued the car as high as they could and fixed extra things that could have been been related to the crash, but weren't (they didn't ask).
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56711 on: October 26, 2009, 04:51:05 PM »
If you make a list of the most accurate stereotypes, "dishonest mechanic" is right up there.  With respect to insured & warrantied work especially.

Only lawyers have less accountability for the truth of an invoice.

I've always said that knowing a good mechanic is extremely important.  I had to get some body work done and in the process of getting different quotes, I realized how much some shop guys were trying to take advantage of me.  They'd all point out the panels that needed to be replaced and it was clear that some were just lying to me.  And when a couple guys wouldn't state that a seemingly undamaged panel needed to go, it became quite obvious the dishonesty in the process

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56712 on: October 27, 2009, 09:54:56 AM »
Oh dear. Somehow got food poisoning.

::dying::

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56713 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »
Just "bump" a bunch of threads.  We saw that they get their panties all in a wad about doing that!

This is why I appreciate that LSD's become a ghost town.  You can pretty much do what you please, and there's nobody around to complain.  Except I guess matthies.

Yeah. That Matthies is a real a-hole.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #56714 on: October 27, 2009, 04:41:57 PM »
Just "bump" a bunch of threads.  We saw that they get their panties all in a wad about doing that!

This is why I appreciate that LSD's become a ghost town.  You can pretty much do what you please, and there's nobody around to complain.  Except I guess matthies.

I'm old, I've erned the right to complain about anything I want, its what old people do
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56715 on: October 28, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »
Cornell: where people study (and worry they didn't study enough) for a practice exam.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56716 on: October 28, 2009, 07:14:30 AM »
don't trip on those practice exams...

those things are FOR REAL...

except they're really not.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56717 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I realize that the input fields for OLSAS (Ontario law school application service) screwed up some of my punctuation in my PS.

I can't make changes after submitting. I'm flipping the @#!* out.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I'm debating whether I should send a short correction page.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56718 on: October 28, 2009, 11:13:32 AM »
Thanks Irrx. Your response certainly helped to quell my nerves.

I sent a breif correction page anyway. I figure it can't hurt. If anything, it looks like a courtesy. My apps are still way early.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #56719 on: October 28, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »

I'm old, I've erned the right to complain about anything I want, its what old people do

I agree and do the same thing.  I earned the right to do it by living to the age I am and I like to yell at the TV talk show pundits. 

For me its Nacy Grace I hate that female dog but I can't stop watching her show and all I do is yell at the TV
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.