Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1825160 times)

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: i would have stayed up with you all night
« Reply #50110 on: June 12, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
I would never ever ever ever go near a Yankee.

Also, PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR KIDS TO NYC PRIVATE SCHOOLS THEY ARE CESSPOOLS OF EATING DISORDERS, SEXUAL DISEASES AND OTHER EVILS. PLEASE DON'T DO IT OH MY GOD PLEASE.

Catholic schools or prep schools? Both?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50111 on: June 12, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
BTW HB, I've decided that I'm going to stay in NYC and send my kids to Dalton or Collegiate.  Partially because I always wanted to go to prep school and partially because I think I get too invested in TV shows like Gossip Girl and NYC Prep  :-[

That will cost you about 130K for high school alone, with good chances that your children will share the fate of Paris Hilton upon graduation.

No.  This is why, if you're intelligent, you hook up with another intelligent person.  Our work is done on the back-end. ;D  I'm aware of the costs -- I've actually already researched it for the children that I don't yet have.  It's just that schools in that vein offer so many amazing opportunities that public school kids (like me!) would never get...and it's not because I went to a broken down, failing school either.  In fact, I went to a rather good HS.  But the resource levels are just way different.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50112 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
Sup yall

You eat grease and sausage for breakfast?

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50113 on: June 12, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
BTW HB, I've decided that I'm going to stay in NYC and send my kids to Dalton or Collegiate.  Partially because I always wanted to go to prep school and partially because I think I get too invested in TV shows like Gossip Girl and NYC Prep  :-[

That will cost you about 130K for high school alone, with good chances that your children will share the fate of Paris Hilton upon graduation.

No.  This is why, if you're intelligent, you hook up with another intelligent person.  Our work is done on the back-end. ;D  I'm aware of the costs -- I've actually already researched it for the children that I don't yet have.  It's just that schools in that vein offer so many amazing opportunities that public school kids (like me!) would never get...and it's not because I went to a broken down, failing school either.  In fact, I went to a rather good HS.  But the resource levels are just way different.

Prep them for Stuyvesant.  Ask HB if all NYC public schools suck.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50114 on: June 12, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Sup yall

Actually, and very honestly, yes, I did.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50115 on: June 12, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
I mean, it depends entirely on the COL.  

If you spend:

rent - $1000
food - $500
transportation - $400
utilities/other expenses - $600
loans - $700
saving - $500
misc. - $300
total - $4000

That works out to $48,000 a year, divided by (1 - tax rate [probably ~.72]) gives you a gross income of ~66/67K.

Yo, CTL, what do you figure your COL to be?  I'm trying to figure out how much I wanna borrow.

Um...in Ithaca, or after school?

the former

I'm sticking to the Cornell budget.  It's like $1766/mo. or something.

How much will your rent be?  That's a boatload per month.

My rent is $900.

Where will the rest of it go?  I swear, maybe I'm a bum, but I swear to the Stork that I can live off way less than these budgets say I need to borrow.

I doubt I'll need it all too.  I will probably spend about $80/week on food and drink, $80/mo. on phone, and $100/mo. on utilities/cable -- I'll be left with tons of dough in case I need it for something school related.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50116 on: June 12, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »

TITCR.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50117 on: June 12, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »
Sup yall

I'm on another wave length, I know these things.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50118 on: June 12, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »
Sup yall

PJC, you need to try the Heart Attack Grill here in Phoenix. Ketchup? Mustard? @#!* that, they dress the buns with LARD.

The place I like uses bacon fat to cook things.  Yum

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50119 on: June 12, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »

That's also an option.  I told DH that NYC prep schools were the fall back because I'd originally said we'd send them off to a boarding prep school (if they wanted).  He didn't like that very much.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French