Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1774073 times)

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: i would have stayed up with you all night
« Reply #47300 on: May 20, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »
The worst place I have ever been is Earle, NJ. But I actually didn't mind Camden, NJ. I rowed there a few times.

Morning

ETA: I laughed at the article CTL because when I as in Earle the only thing around was TGI Fridays

I hate TGI Friday's almost as much as I hate NJ.  The food is soooo bad. 
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47301 on: May 20, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »
My school actually requires we purchase a specific laptop (a Lenovo), but we don't have to use it for anything other than exams if we want.  I know I could never use a Netbook - my MS causes me enough discomfort on a regular Windows laptop keyboard - (I might actually be able to petition to use my MacBook because of the discomfort level) - I can't imagine what I would be like on one of those tiny keyboards.

And we have lockers - which I plan on using!

Drop the laptop idea for finals.  Do blue books with paper and ink or pencil.  Tech cannot delete/screw up text you wrote on pages of paper. 

Old school format works and there are good reasons behind it.   It's been tried and true for centuries.

And every one of my first year professors discouraged us from doing this and noted that people who chose to hand write their exams tended to do worse. Obviously these highly [un]scientific observations don't prove causation, but my professors noted that those exams are harder for them to read, and it is more difficult for the student to organize their answer, correct mistakes they made, or write as much as their peers (which can be brutal on an issue-spotting exam). Sure, there are some people who will do very well hand writing, and there are some exams that are not a race to write as much as you can, but I never heard of anyone at my school losing an exam (having to stop typing and start writing in a bluebook while the IT guys recovered what they'd written, yes. completely lose, no), and there are distinct disadvantages to doing so when most of your classmates are typing.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #47302 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:37 AM »
We had one prof who would not accept any type written exams at all. Everyone had to write out by hand is exams (Civ Pro I and II). It sucked because my handwriting is horrible and being dyslexic I jumble all the letters. Hes just really old school though, he makes everyone stand when called on and recite your briefs from memory. Other than that I typed all my exams.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47303 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »
We had one prof who would not accept any type written exams at all. Everyone had to write out by hand is exams (Civ Pro I and II). It sucked because my handwriting is horrible and being dyslexic I jumble all the letters. Hes just really old school though, he makes everyone stand when called on and recite your briefs from memory. Other than that I typed all my exams.

I hope I don't end up in one of his classes.

You will have him for Civ Pro if you go at night. He also called us "Dr." when he adressed you
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47304 on: May 20, 2009, 11:16:56 AM »

I hope I don't end up in one of his classes.

You will have him for Civ Pro if you go at night. He also called us "Dr." when he adressed you

Well, there goes that idea. I'm not sure if I'd go full-time or part-time for the JD, though. I'll have to see how it goes with not working in the fall.

Well you know my view on the issue, Im a big fan of going part-time so long as you take advantage of the networking and or working benefits of doing so. There are of course compelling to go FT as well, but for me if I was doing it all over again Id still go the PT route.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #47305 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:19 AM »
My school actually requires we purchase a specific laptop (a Lenovo), but we don't have to use it for anything other than exams if we want.  I know I could never use a Netbook - my MS causes me enough discomfort on a regular Windows laptop keyboard - (I might actually be able to petition to use my MacBook because of the discomfort level) - I can't imagine what I would be like on one of those tiny keyboards.

And we have lockers - which I plan on using!

Drop the laptop idea for finals.  Do blue books with paper and ink or pencil.  Tech cannot delete/screw up text you wrote on pages of paper. 

Old school format works and there are good reasons behind it.   It's been tried and true for centuries.

Sure Chuck, it works for people without disabilities.  Tell my MS to just do it "old school".  I'd probably get half a page written before my hands froze into claws.   ::)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

cs0620

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not sure what decade to live in...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47306 on: May 20, 2009, 11:30:38 AM »
Wow, sounds like we had quite  night last night.  Morning all!
The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger - but recognize the opportunity.

John F. Kennedy

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47307 on: May 20, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »
Wow, sounds like we had quite A HORRIBLE night last night.  Morning all!

True...true...
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #47308 on: May 20, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »
*sigh*
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #47309 on: May 20, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »
oh nothing at all. Its just quiet :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.