Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Exile LSD: GD MrZilla Foxtrot Locked Me Out  (Read 1775875 times)

tehstray

• I drink your milkshake
    • View Profile
Re: Exile LSD: enough spaghetti for everyone
« Reply #25650 on: January 14, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
I'm haaaaapy. NO YOURE NOT!

You're right.

Tim, if it makes you feel better, you're in good company with the deferrals.  CLCB was deferred and has a 3.6+/172.

I find it highly annoying when someone pronounces FAFSA as though it were spelled FASFA. I don't know why.

Me too.

that's not enoguh? :(

What's not enough for what?

i'm assuming thoseare numbers for a person that's applying to a T14 school...

tehstray

• I drink your milkshake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25651 on: January 14, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »
dang, i hope that's just an isolated case... that's what i'm hoping my stats are going to play out to next year...

fyi, i'm gonna spam these boards for another 2 hours... i just turned in my final project for this job and i have 2 hours to kill... $10/hr is worth me killing time.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25652 on: January 14, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »
Not to rain on your parade, but I have similar numbers and got a deferral too yesterday.  :'( THIS ECONOMY!!!!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #25653 on: January 14, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »
'tis a weird cycle....some of the rejections/deferrals I just don't understand.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25654 on: January 14, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
'tis a weird cycle....some of the rejections/deferrals I just don't understand.

Yes, 'tis.

TimMitchell

« Reply #25655 on: January 14, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »
Probably a surge in applicants and the schools can be a bit more choosey with who they decide to admit. However, if that is the case, then there will probably be a bigger surge next cycle after people affected by the economy enough to go to grad school, instead of trying to find a job, will be applying after having more time to prepare.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25656 on: January 14, 2009, 04:12:58 PM »
Yo yo everyone!

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25657 on: January 14, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »
Not a damn thing cycle-wise.

But, I just finished reading Life of Pi this morning, had a great workout, and just consumed a great veggie 2 course meal I cooked :)

TimMitchell

« Reply #25658 on: January 14, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
Probably a surge in applicants and the schools can be a bit more choosey with who they decide to admit. However, if that is the case, then there will probably be a bigger surge next cycle after people affected by the economy enough to go to grad school, instead of trying to find a job, will be applying after having more time to prepare.

Not applicants, but applications. There are fewer people applying, but they're throwing out more apps per person.

That could be true. I read somewhere that the average person applies to 5 schools, I know very few people that have done this on LSN or the boards. However, we might be a sample of the more neurotic people that apply to a lot of schools anyway.

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25659 on: January 14, 2009, 04:18:21 PM »

Not applicants, but applications. There are fewer people applying, but they're throwing out more apps per person.

That could be true. I read somewhere that the average person applies to 5 schools, I know very few people that have done this on LSN or the boards. However, we might be a sample of the more neurotic people that apply to a lot of schools anyway.

I've always believed this theory to be true.  In my LSAT classes, and they were massive since I'm in a major market, it seemed like most students were really only considering in-state/local schools for the most part.  Truth be told, I'm in a market where we have a few juggernauts that basically everyone guns for.