Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Having a disability..  (Read 732 times)

andy1990

• View Profile
Having a disability..
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »
Does having a disability like MS, make any difference in getting into law school? What I am really wondering does it make it harder? Also if anyone reading this has MS,please feel free to give any tips you may have for succeeding in law school. Thanks.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Having a disability..
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:41:36 AM »
I have a chronic pain and mobility problems.  In my opinion, law school was harder for me than it was for a lot of my classmates.  Stress and lack of sleep make me feel worse - and there's a lot of both in law school.  I also found the experience a bit isolating, because I didn't feel like I really had anyone I could talk to about my health problems. 
Anyway, I think having anything less than great health is a disadvantage in law school.  Regardless, if you want to be a lawyer there's pretty much only one way to do it. If you want to go to law school - don't let your disability stop you.

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php