Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I would pay $1,000 to meet whoever came up with UCC article 3 negotiable instrum  (Read 1015 times)

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I would pay $1k to meet whoever came up with UCC article 3 negotiable instruments, and beat them to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat that has jagged nails sticking out.

Seriously, this is the most needlessly complicated, most worthless garbage I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to learn.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
It hasn't been on the GA bar exam in 10 years.  I can't decide if that means it's due to be tested or if that means spending lots of time on it is a waste.

But if you do meet the guy, can I throw rocks at him while you got at him with the bat?

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sec Trans comes up on the IL bar every year. Lucky you.

Our non-testables are Admin and Tax. Bar/Bri does not bother even lecturing on them. During one of the lectures the professor made some joke about admin and tax essays. A student asked him what would happen if the examiners picked them as essays. He simply replied "chaos" and moved on.

Air Force JAG Corps

ksully

• View Profile
Just memorize the holder in due course doctrine.

I took the Mass Bar. Article three and Secured Transactions each had shown up once in like the last 15 years, or 30 bar exams for Ma and RI. Both were on both the MA and RI bar.

Jerrry

• View Profile
I would pay $1k to meet whoever came up with UCC article 3 negotiable instruments, and beat them to a bloody pulp with a baseball bat that has jagged nails sticking out.

Seriously, this is the most needlessly complicated, most worthless garbage I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to learn.

Offer rejected. Counter-offer, I will tell you all need to know about UCC article 3 negotiable instruments if you can pay 50k. Adequate consideration huh?
Nothing is good or bad, thinking makes it so.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Just memorize the holder in due course doctrine.

I took the Mass Bar. Article three and Secured Transactions each had shown up once in like the last 15 years, or 30 bar exams for Ma and RI. Both were on both the MA and RI bar.

:-[ :-\ :'( >:(

ksully

• View Profile
Don't worry too much. They were both very bland, run of the mill questions.

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
According to my sources, Article 3 shows up about half the time on the VA bar.  Article 9 shows up about 1/4 of the time.

Luziana

• View Profile
Either UCC Article 3, or Article 9, or both, are guaranteed to appear on every single Ohio exam.   :o

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Commercial Paper was on the New York exam as a major essay issue last summer. I don't think I'm even going to bother studying it. If it shows its ugly head this July, I'll just have to bull my way through it...

Power to you if you can BS through a Commercial Paper essay.
Air Force JAG Corps