Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: RickLax reviews his own book on Amazon  (Read 10707 times)

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: RickLax reviews his own book on Amazon
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
Yeah, I sort of wish DS would get out of bed...assuming she's sleeping in still...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »
jeffislouie and SunKist,
I hope you realize that both of you are reporting eachother's posts for the exact same reason. Let's cool the personal attacks, eh?

Jeffislouie has threatened violence to my person. All I've done is assign appropriate adjectives. Plus, he's a f-ing dickhead while I am cool and popular.

I threatened no violence whatsoeever. If anything, I implied it, but only if you choose to interpret my statement that way. Truth be told, my point was less about violence and more about the fact that face to face, you wouldn't talk to people like that. Which is proof that you took it too far.
What gives you the right to call someone you don't know a 'dickrider'? Does that make you cool?
Unlike you toddlers, I was around when the internet went GUI. I've watched it get nearly completely ruined as younger generations abused the freedom of the internet, slowly turning it into a place where there are no rules, there is no civility, and the nastier, ruder, and meaner you are, the cooler and more appreciated you are.
And it makes me sad. While folks with similar attitudes to yours assist you in destroying the internet for amusement, the bulk of it's users become less and less interested in it.
Many people refuse to join message boards anymore by the mere fact that doing so means you will comment, and commenting means you will be attacked. Viciously.
As a matter of fact, many people I speak to are amazed and surprised to hear me talk about the fact that I do contribute to message boards. As they put it, anyone feels like they can say anything to anyone else with no repercussions. The truth is that dialogue as exemplified by this very thread used to be so beyond the pale that no site worth it's salt would allow it to remain open and any moderator who knew about it but did nothing would be terminated. Nowadays, this is the norm. You all know that Rick Lax is a real person. And saying the things you are saying grows ever closer to defamation. If he can prove that comments you made, many of which are false and defamatory in nature, has resulted in a loss of revenue, he can sue this board and it's members and shut it all down.
But it sure is fun!
I don't think you'll be seeing much more of me around here. I'll be busy advising the law students I know to avoid LSD like the plague. Here we have a board that has lost its way. Instead of a place where students and prospective students can come to talk about law school and life in geneal, we have a weak version of xoxo where unless you post popular opinion, you get called names, villified, attacked, and treated like dirt.

"Law School Discussion is a forum for discussing all aspects of Law School in the United States. The idea was to create an online community where law school related issues could be discussed in an organized, friendly, and informative manner."

Maybe this used to be what LSD was, but clearly it isn't anymore.

if not able handle other threads, there some reason you not confining self to threads specifically about law school?

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
jeffislouie and SunKist,
I hope you realize that both of you are reporting eachother's posts for the exact same reason. Let's cool the personal attacks, eh?

Jeffislouie has threatened violence to my person. All I've done is assign appropriate adjectives. Plus, he's a f-ing dickhead while I am cool and popular.

I threatened no violence whatsoeever.  If anything, I implied it, but only if you choose to interpret my statement that way.  Truth be told, my point was less about violence and more about the fact that face to face, you wouldn't talk to people like that.  Which is proof that you took it too far.
What gives you the right to call someone you don't know a 'dickrider'?  Does that make you cool?
Unlike you toddlers, I was around when the internet went GUI.  I've watched it get nearly completely ruined as younger generations abused the freedom of the internet, slowly turning it into a place where there are no rules, there is no civility, and the nastier, ruder, and meaner you are, the cooler and more appreciated you are.
And it makes me sad.  While folks with similar attitudes to yours assist you in destroying the internet for amusement, the bulk of it's users become less and less interested in it.
Many people refuse to join message boards anymore by the mere fact that doing so means you will comment, and commenting means you will be attacked.  Viciously.
As a matter of fact, many people I speak to are amazed and surprised to hear me talk about the fact that I do contribute to message boards.  As they put it, anyone feels like they can say anything to anyone else with no repercussions.  The truth is that dialogue as exemplified by this very thread used to be so beyond the pale that no site worth it's salt would allow it to remain open and any moderator who knew about it but did nothing would be terminated.  Nowadays, this is the norm.  You all know that Rick Lax is a real person.  And saying the things you are saying grows ever closer to defamation.  If he can prove that comments you made, many of which are false and defamatory in nature, has resulted in a loss of revenue, he can sue this board and it's members and shut it all down.
But it sure is fun!
I don't think you'll be seeing much more of me around here.  I'll be busy advising the law students I know to avoid LSD like the plague.  Here we have a board that has lost its way.  Instead of a place where students and prospective students can come to talk about law school and life in geneal, we have a weak version of xoxo where unless you post popular opinion, you get called names, villified, attacked, and treated like dirt. 

"Law School Discussion is a forum for discussing all aspects of Law School in the United States. The idea was to create an online community where law school related issues could be discussed in an organized, friendly, and informative manner."

Maybe this used to be what LSD was, but clearly it isn't anymore.

In defense of LSD, it's generally not like XO where there are personal attacks in every thread.  You generally only see personal attacks here when it involves super-douches like you and ricklax.

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 08:23:31 PM »

163 + 7 points for being URM, +2 points for being first to go to law school = 172! Ivy league!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
pic no workies
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »

A CASE STUDY ON GROWING UP PEOPLE!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2008, 02:21:44 PM »
all this is likley helping sell more books

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2008, 02:23:53 PM »
apparently he hasnt grown up enough to learn how to tie a tie, therefore has to take it off like that

eta:  i despise the name of it, too
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »
He's not even a lawyer!  Isn't the book about his 1L year?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."