Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of La Verne - Full ABA Approval Worries?  (Read 1572 times)

justjeffrey

• View Profile
    • Email
University of La Verne - Full ABA Approval Worries?
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

A week ago I received my acceptance letter to ULV. I am just curious to know if anyone else is concerned that the school is only provisionally accredited?

Do many schools often loose their accreditation? It seems to me that an ABA school would fight tooth-and-nail to keep their status wouldn't you?

Dreamin192

• View Profile
    • LSN
Re: University of La Verne - Full ABA Approval Worries?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:57:12 AM »
I may be wrong on this but they never actually had full ABA approval, they are working on getting it. I was awarded a large scholarship from them and went in and met with some people in the admissions office and they are pretty positive that they will be getting full ABA approval in the next few years, they told me the ABA has told them they are ready to apply for full approval. I'm not going to lie though, it was a big concern for me and ultimately led me to decline their offer. I was worried about what would happen if say I completed two years there and they didn't get full approval, then I would be stuck at a non ABA school and I would have to start all over someplace else.
Whittier Law 2011