Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TestMasters screwed me over  (Read 4145 times)

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: TestMasters screwed me over
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
I asked because I don't really have time to do any new tests between now and tomorrow morning when I have to decide whether to send the TM course materials back but I already took a couple SuperPrep tests and did pretty well (>170) so I'll just hope that it's close enough to the real thing and I don't need a prep course.

I would think that if you took the above tests under simulated conditions, you don't really need a course anyway.  Just figure out what section(s) you seem to be having trouble with and do some self-study, the bibles, etc.  Good luck!

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 10:22:05 PM »
yeah I agree with paleforce. It seems like a course would be a waste for you anyway.

dactylion

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:12 PM »
Thanks for everyone's input!

I'm going to continue self-studying and see how things go and maybe take a weekend or online course if I decide I need it.

ahsidib

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »
Are you sure this is THE testmasters? THere is another company called test masters that schedules all their classes in one day

www.testmasters.com is NOT the actual testmasters you hear everyone talking about
www.testmasters180.com is...

if this is not ur situation, then ignore this post. hope it works out.

ahsidib

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »
Guys,

just based on your stories, i am reiterating that this does NOT sound like the real testmasters. When i signed up for the course the same thing happened to me, and that's when I realized I signed up for the wrong course. Luckily I was able to get my money back. Testmasters180.com does not cancel classes nor do they schedule them all in one day. See if you can get your money back because even if there is class this one is not worth it, it is more of a scam than anything else.

dactylion

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:50 PM »
It was definitely the real Testmasters; I knew about the fake one.

wow blueskies, you win. I'm sorry.

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 11:14:03 PM »
For one thing, how are you supposed to concentrate and learn something like the LSAT for eight hours in one day?
I found this to be extremely hilarious because I studied for the LSAT for four months straight for eight hours a day and I only took Sunday off. ;D

Sorry about the bad news though. As the dude would say, "that's a bummer man."

dactylion

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »
haha I guess I meant being in a classroom for eight hours in one day because I think I'm averaging about 8 hours/day studying at home as well. Classrooms bore me...I wonder how I got through high school.

linnster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 12:25:16 PM »
Testmasters blows, they hire anyone who has scored well, suck in you tuition and then expect you to do 10 hours of homework a week definately not worth the money nor the time. Spend your time with some self prep books get some exams and then go for it...I'm tired of banging my head into the wall..my class was full of dorks retaking the exam bcause they wanted to score score a 180 from a 175 what idiots...

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
TM screwed me too...I should have scored a 180 and gotten into HLS.  Those fuckers!