Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do I have any shot at DU with a 3.3/156  (Read 980 times)

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Do I have any shot at DU with a 3.3/156
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »
Yeah, the DU/CU combination gave it away. Also, I think with schools like Duke they are well known enough where people just say the name--Duke. And the abbreviation is as long as the name.

Your shots are mediocre. I would check out law school numbers. They give a nice snapshot of some applicant's numbers and their successes and failures. It is worth a shot however. Your numbers aren't horrible for Denver. I had a 3.43/162 and I got in and I don't have to pay tuition first year. So my LSAT is better but the GPA is marginally better. I would, however, retake the LSAT. I figure studying hard for the LSAT made me 70,000$ because I received a 20,000 per year scholarship and a 10,000 dollar grant because I was so poor from studying for the LSAT. So I am very glad I studied like crazy for the LSAT.

My advice: retake the LSAT and apply even if you don't. But look into another round at the LSAT. It would be worthwhile.
Paid the seat deposit at DU

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
Oh, and to give you some perspective, I have a couple of friends that are going to DU. One got in with a GPA around 3.9 but an LSAT in the low 150s (153, I think). The other got in with a GPA around 3.4 and a 154 LSAT. I had a 3.8/156 and I got in just fine, no waitlist.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

kill the headlights

• Sr. Citizen
  • ...and put it in neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 03:44:49 PM »
Also, for what it is worth, I got denied at CU with the 162/3.43 stats. So it could have been because I applied very late there or because I was out of state, but I got denied. According to websites and similar places it seemed I had about a 50/50 chance of getting in. Maybe they just didn't like what I had to offer, but it was worth an application. I would have chosen my 70,000 at Denver before CU anyway.

Hope that helps you gauge your chances a little better.

I would apply and try it out either way though.
Paid the seat deposit at DU