Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thank you for scholarship letter  (Read 840 times)

bridget_jones

• View Profile
thank you for scholarship letter
« on: July 11, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
I just got a letter from my school informing me of the law firm that provided the money for my scholarship. It has been recommended that I write a letter to thank the firm. For any of you whom have done this, how detailed should one get in such a letter? Do they want to hear about me and why I want to be a lawyer or should it just be a simple thank you? BTY, a copy of this goes to my school too. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: thank you for scholarship letter
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »
I just got a letter from my school informing me of the law firm that provided the money for my scholarship. It has been recommended that I write a letter to thank the firm. For any of you whom have done this, how detailed should one get in such a letter? Do they want to hear about me and why I want to be a lawyer or should it just be a simple thank you? BTY, a copy of this goes to my school too. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.

You can make it as detailed as you like.  We had to do this at my school, and they provided samples.  Most of them talked about why they wanted to go to law school, future plans, etc.  You might want to ask your school for a sample to get an idea of how detailed these type of letters usually are.  If you can't get a sample, google is always your friend.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: thank you for scholarship letter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »
You're welcome.