Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer to W&L / Richmond - HELP!!!  (Read 553 times)

tyler durden

• View Profile
Transfer to W&L / Richmond - HELP!!!
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:09 PM »
I know this sounds crazy since it is very much a last minute decision, but I would like to transfer to a Washington and Lee or U of Richmond.  Again, I know it sounds crazy, but I have a sudden need to transfer to central Virginia for personal reasons.

I have finished my first year at a tier 3 school.  My school is ranked low, but I chose it because I was offered a full scholarship.  My resume is decent.  Good undergrad school, masters degree, 167 LSAT, top 10% of my 1L class, good internship this summer.

I have contacted W&L and Richmond, and have been told they would still except my transfer application, even though it would have been a lot better to submit it earlier.

If I have my application complete and in their hands by the end of next week, would I have a realistic shot of getting in, or is it pretty much impossible?  I'm going to apply any way, because I really need to be in central VA right now but I'm wondering if anything will come of it.

I know a few people have already gotten into W&L as transfers.  Does anyone have any info/advice/suggestions for my situation?

Thanks!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• View Profile
Re: Transfer to W&L / Richmond - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »
um...apply...see what happens.