Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You know you've been studying too long when...  (Read 994 times)

isittomorrowyet

• A man and his dead horse
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GlueIsRealGood
    • View Profile
You know you've been studying too long when...
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:38:55 PM »
You see this post on facebook: "I love you and only you;" and your first thought is "Yes! A double arrow!!"

My life is sad.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
Re: You know you've been studying too long when...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:19:37 PM »
You shoot yourself

Until then, keep studying.
Best of luck to everyone!

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:59:11 AM »
In my opinion, you can only underprep for this test. So I do not believe you can study too long.

But you are on the right track when you have a bunch of LSAT dreams/nightmares or when you start doing LR questions at red lights while driving or while your on the toliet. ;)

drupito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
In my opinion, you can only underprep for this test. So I do not believe you can study too long.

But you are on the right track when you have a bunch of LSAT dreams/nightmares or when you start doing LR questions at red lights while driving or while your on the toliet. ;)

Hardcore. 
UGPA:3.57
LSAT: 160 (June 08') retaking OCT. 08'

Applying to: BYU,UCLA

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

1. All cars that run red lights are breaking the law
Some cars that don't break the law get into accidents
Therefore, if I run this red light I won't get into an accident

This reasoning is similar to which of the following:
A) All *screech* *crash* *airbags deploy* *sirens*

2. All hospital beds are uncomfortable...
Best of luck to everyone!

snickersnicker

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - shinjikid@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klutzonbroadway
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
But you are on the right track when you have a bunch of LSAT dreams/nightmares

I dreamed I got a 176 a couple nights ago and went to Georgetown and it was awesome. I don't think this would be out of the ordinary if I wasn't taking my LSAT next June.
LSAT: 166 (:()
UGPA: 4
LSN

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:43:30 AM »
You see this post on facebook: "I love you and only you;" and your first thought is "Yes! A double arrow!!"

My life is sad.

You are probably on the right track.  I self-studied for the LSAT and found that my biggest gains came after I began to internalize the logical reasoning.  I would listen to people speak at parties, and for the first time, just let them talk and say ridiculous things without interjecting, all the while trying to label their logical flaws, guess which facts would most support their argument, etc.  I ended up with a 170, which isnt bad considering I started in the low 150s and didnt take a prep course.

Keep at it, it will pay off.
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 02:03:36 AM »

1. All cars that run red lights are breaking the law
Some cars that don't break the law get into accidents
Therefore, if I run this red light I won't get into an accident

This reasoning is similar to which of the following:
A) All *screech* *crash* *airbags deploy* *sirens*

2. All hospital beds are uncomfortable...
Wow, I actually Venn Diagramed this. Something is very wrong with me. :-\

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:49 AM »

My life is sad.

You are probably on the right track.  I self-studied for the LSAT and found that my biggest gains came after I began to internalize the logical reasoning.  I would listen to people speak at parties, and for the first time, just let them talk and say ridiculous things without interjecting, all the while trying to label their logical flaws, guess which facts would most support their argument, etc.  I ended up with a 170, which isnt bad considering I started in the low 150s and didnt take a prep course.

Keep at it, it will pay off.
You must have been the life of those parties 008

Yeah, i kept shut mostly. nothing kills a buzz faster than hearing that your previous statement was a non sequitur.  It was an interesting time in my life, probably the longest time I've kept my opinions to myself :)
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 10:40:12 PM »
You know you've been studying too long when you dream about the LR section AND everything people say, you start to draw assumptions and logical conclusions (my sister finds this really annoying)

no-body expects the Spanish inquisition