Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?  (Read 34341 times)

SouthernElle

• View Profile
Re: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?
« Reply #300 on: November 02, 2008, 07:03:07 PM »
oh no! that's no fun. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my Penn waiver was automatic on LSAC.

yuck. seems a bit strange that they'd send me the same packet, just minus the fee waiver. i never did, however, think i had a chance at penn, so the packet at all was a bit of a surprise. with a 3.8 and 168, what do you think my chances are at penn? i'd rather not spend like $80 on a rejection letter..

LSN seems to say waitlist. You never know, though- you might be able to ride out a waitlist. If you think you'd be really happy there, I would go for it, but know if you'll get in it will probably be off the waitlist. The hourumd site says like 29% (ignoring waitlists). I had around the same chance at stanford and decided to go for it, if that helps.

clhurley

• View Profile
Re: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
oh no! that's no fun. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my Penn waiver was automatic on LSAC.

yuck. seems a bit strange that they'd send me the same packet, just minus the fee waiver. i never did, however, think i had a chance at penn, so the packet at all was a bit of a surprise. with a 3.8 and 168, what do you think my chances are at penn? i'd rather not spend like $80 on a rejection letter..

LSN seems to say waitlist. You never know, though- you might be able to ride out a waitlist. If you think you'd be really happy there, I would go for it, but know if you'll get in it will probably be off the waitlist. The hourumd site says like 29% (ignoring waitlists). I had around the same chance at stanford and decided to go for it, if that helps.

err.. i haven't even applied yet. i was just asking about the fee waiver. i know that on the app it asks if you received one; it isn't automatic like most. and since i'm abroad and haven't actually seen the material packet, i'm a bit distrusting of dear ole mum to translate. anyway, i'm pretty much ignoring my ego, sucking it up, and paying the $75 or whatever.
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8