Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?  (Read 34512 times)

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2008, 09:29:36 AM »
the earliest date to submit it (according to their website and instructions) is oct 1st. guess that whole following directions thing isn't too important... lol  ::)

Haha, that's funny.  I just clicked into it on LSAC and sent it in, I didn't even look at their earliest date on their website.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
i don't think it'll e a huge deal - it seems like a lot of people aren't checking the dates and are just doing it by when LSAC lets them.

MatchbookTrick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »
the earliest date to submit it (according to their website and instructions) is oct 1st. guess that whole following directions thing isn't too important... lol  ::)

Haha, that's funny.  I just clicked into it on LSAC and sent it in, I didn't even look at their earliest date on their website.

Er, yeah. I read over the application instructions attached to the electronic app closely, but I don't remember seeing anything about the early date. And I must have looked at the Web site, where it says Oct. 1 is the earliest date -- but it must not have registered. I sent my Penn app on Thursday. No wonder I haven't gotten an e-mail from them yet. Still, my LSDAS report was sent to the school then, too, and they have to request it, don't they.?

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »
I'm taking a shot in the dark here and am going to say that sometimes when they "receive" an electronic application, the subsequent "request" for the LSDAS report is done automatically by computer. If they had to have someone sitting there clicking a mouse all day saying "oh another one! request. another! request" it would seem pretty foolish. total guess though.

rcamp28

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
Just found a hidden fee waiver for University of Miami for anyone considering applying there, from what I hear that's how they do it.

MatchbookTrick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
I'm taking a shot in the dark here and am going to say that sometimes when they "receive" an electronic application, the subsequent "request" for the LSDAS report is done automatically by computer. If they had to have someone sitting there clicking a mouse all day saying "oh another one! request. another! request" it would seem pretty foolish. total guess though.

Aw, c'mon. We're all important enough to get a human click, right? Everybody's special in his own special way -- that's what they told us in public school anyway.  ;)

I just meant, whatever mechanism the school uses to "request" the LSDAS report requires some action by the school -- whether that's hiring 50 people to click a mouse all day or just flipping a switch on the LSDAS Request-bot 8000. Anyway, Penn's switch is flipped.

Migrate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2008, 09:59:41 AM »
so has anyone received penn's snail yet?

A5678G245

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
My parents received it about a week ago. I talk to my mom on the phone just now and she says "I think you got something from penn state in the mail" I say "well is it Penn or penn state?" "Im not sure i didnt know there was a difference?"..."its penn law"...Well is it a fee waiver? No its not a fee waiver....Mom open it up and look inside....ok....well it says just to apply, its not a fee waiver...mom could you read the whole page?...no i dont wanna go through all of your mail...come on just read on...oh and we waiv your ___?$ application fee...Oh it is a waiver!...good thanks mom, open up any other mail and read the page PLEASE.....Oh the naivety!

clhurley

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »
cornell, anyone? mum called me about their snail she received yesterday.. said they "invited me to apply" or whatever, but nothing specific about a fee waiver. has anyone tried applying and gotten hidden waivers to cornell?
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2008, 10:28:55 AM »
as far as I understood it, cornell has a policy not to send out fee waivers. they only grant them on request to people with need.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.