Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?  (Read 34339 times)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: June 2008 LSAT -- any fee waivers yet?
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2008, 01:37:02 PM »
Thanks--hopefully I'll receive some nice surprises when I start submitting applications.

I'm not sure what email provider you use, but you should be able to change those settings, at least until the cycle is over.  I changed my spam folder settings to purge every 30 days.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »
I just realized that some of these fee waivers have been heading into my spam filter--UCLA was sitting in there this morning. The problem is it automatically dumps the emails in the queue weekly. Those who received UVA and UT fee waivers---what did the emails say? Did they say it was automatic via LSDAS? 

You don't want to know how much time I just wasted because of this post. lol

rcamp28

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »
Just got Vandy via e-mail

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2008, 11:58:21 AM »
I'm so jealous.  I wish I would have taken my test in June.  I want Vandy and UVA fee waivers  :(

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »
Alas, I submitted Columbia last week, so no waiver possibility for me. I guess there is such a thing as submitting too early.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
Since I took the LSAT last year, I am and will receive no fee waivers this cycle.  I have decided to flag this thread in hopes of getting it moved to drinking the hateraid or permanently locked.  While this thread might be helpful to yall, it only serves to torture me.  Isn't that what truly matters?

I thought you were going to be e-mailing schools for waivers?  No luck on that?

Yeah, I'm still going to do that - but only to the schools that gave me one last year.  I still want this thread to drown in a public pool.

Let me know how it goes... I keep starting e-mails to a few schools I want fee waivers from but deleting them before sending because I sound like a tool.

There is no way to do this without sound like a tool.  Seriously.  If they wanted to give you one they would have.  If you need one, there's a process for this.

Yeah, you are right... the only thing is that without these waivers, I probably won't apply to the schools.  Two of them are just plain regional safeties.  But I kind of want safeties, but I don't want to pay for safeties....

Asking schools you don't want to go to for a fee waiver is not just sounding like a tool - it's being a tool.
Best of luck to everyone!

clhurley

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2008, 06:37:47 AM »
does anyone know the likelihood of acceptance if you're given a fee waiver? i know a friend of mine got the michigan FW last year, but got flat-out rejected. please don't reject meeeee, michigan!
i'm currently abroad in paris, france. poor me. but it changes things.
lsat = 168; gpa = 3.8

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
Since I took the LSAT last year, I am and will receive no fee waivers this cycle.  I have decided to flag this thread in hopes of getting it moved to drinking the hateraid or permanently locked.  While this thread might be helpful to yall, it only serves to torture me.  Isn't that what truly matters?

I thought you were going to be e-mailing schools for waivers?  No luck on that?

Yeah, I'm still going to do that - but only to the schools that gave me one last year.  I still want this thread to drown in a public pool.

Let me know how it goes... I keep starting e-mails to a few schools I want fee waivers from but deleting them before sending because I sound like a tool.

There is no way to do this without sound like a tool.  Seriously.  If they wanted to give you one they would have.  If you need one, there's a process for this.

Yeah, you are right... the only thing is that without these waivers, I probably won't apply to the schools.  Two of them are just plain regional safeties.  But I kind of want safeties, but I don't want to pay for safeties....

Asking schools you don't want to go to for a fee waiver is not just sounding like a tool - it's being a tool.

I want to go to them if I can't go elsewhere.

Make sure you tell them that - they'll appreciate it I'm sure
Best of luck to everyone!

KAT86

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2008, 10:56:52 PM »
JUST got Michigan.... I had given up all hope yay  :)

rcamp28

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2008, 09:32:02 AM »
I also got Michigan yesterday, nice surprise. Just received Columbia via e-mail this morning, also very surprising.