Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Recommendation - poo happens  (Read 995 times)

lordjay

• View Profile
Letter of Recommendation - poo happens
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
So I was stupid and clumsy - I forgot to turn my old recommendation letters to 'inactive' before requesting a new lsac report for transfer application. As a stupid idiot would do so, I only found out when some of the schools notified me that my file is complete, yet I don't even have my law professors' recommendation letters sent to LSAC. I guess my old recommendation letters (the letters that were used to apply for law school) were sent out instead of my law professors' recommendation letter. And the problem is the lsac system won't accept more letters simply stating 'already maximum number of letters were sent.'

What shall I do? - Just simply beg for mercy and tell the individual schools that I fouled up, or simply request a new lsac report?

I know poo happens but this is just too big.

Before sending an email explaining the situation to all of the schools' admissions office, I wanted to hear the majority's opinion.

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Letter of Recommendation - poo happens
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:52 PM »
add the letters to each school on the LOR page and the LSAC will send them automatically
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

law questions

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:12:38 PM »
Just send them directly to the school.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
Notify the schools you are applying to and tell them those are not your current recommendations or they will make a decision without a law profs letter, which is normally required so it may look bad.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:04:42 AM »
So I was stupid and clumsy - I forgot to turn my old recommendation letters to 'inactive' before requesting a new lsac report for transfer application. As a stupid idiot would do so, I only found out when some of the schools notified me that my file is complete, yet I don't even have my law professors' recommendation letters sent to LSAC. I guess my old recommendation letters (the letters that were used to apply for law school) were sent out instead of my law professors' recommendation letter. And the problem is the lsac system won't accept more letters simply stating 'already maximum number of letters were sent.'

What shall I do? - Just simply beg for mercy and tell the individual schools that I fouled up, or simply request a new lsac report?

I know poo happens but this is just too big.

Before sending an email explaining the situation to all of the schools' admissions office, I wanted to hear the majority's opinion.

Just call the schools (don't email).  It's not a big deal - they'll just move your file back to incomplete.  And you should call and actually talk to someone to be sure they know asap instead of just emailing.  It's more immediate.