Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UChicago Virtually Brand New (Unmarked) 1L Casebooks/Study Aids for Sale  (Read 2882 times)

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
I finished my 1L year at the University of Chicago and am looking to sell off my case books and study aids.  Almost all have absolutely no markings of any kind and are virtually brand new, having only been read by me.  Those that are marked are only highlighted, but not excessively so.  Certain study aids were particularly helpful for certain classes, so if you are going to UoC and would like some advice/notes/outlines, feel free to ask. 

I ask that any buyer pay the shipping costs.  If you are going to school in Chicago, we could arrange a pickup in person.  Send me a PM if interested, thanks.

Casebooks
  • Civil Procedure, Yeazell 6th ed. 2004 ($50, retail $115) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Civil Procedure:  Cases and Materials, Friedenthal, Miller, Sexton & Hershkoff 9th ed. ($50, retail $134) - Some highlighting
  • Criminal Law Case Studies, Robinson 3rd ed. ($20, retail $49) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Criminal Law and Its Processes:  Cases and Materials, Kadish, Schulhofer & Stelker 8th ed. ($50, retail $120.93) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Property, Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander & Schill 6th ed. ($50, retail $107.15) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Cases and Materials on Torts, Epstein 8th ed. ($50, retail $142) - Limited Highlighting

Civil Procedure (Buss/Wood)
  • Emanuel Law Outline, Yeazell ed. (6th) ($15, retail $31.10) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Examples and Explanations, 5th ed. ($15, retail $35.24) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it.  Required by both Buss/Wood
  • Understanding Civil Procedure, 3rd ed. ($15, retail $35.95) - Limited highlighting.

Criminal Law (Masur/Etienne)
  • Understanding Criminal Law, 4th ed. ($15, retail $35.95) - Limited highlighting

Property (Strahilevitz)
  • Emanuel Law Outline, Dukeminier/Krier ed. (6th) ($15, retail $30.56) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it
  • Understanding Property Law, 2nd ed. ($15, $35.95 retail) - No markings of any kind; I have only read it

Torts (Epstein/Miles)
  • Examples and Explanations, 2005 ($20, $31.65 retail) - Never used, brand new
  • Introduction to Law Series, Epstein 1999 ($20, $48.60 retail) - Highlighted.  A must for any Epstein student
  • Understanding Torts, 3rd ed. ($15, $35.95 retail) - Limited Highlighting[/s]

Contracts (Baird)
  • Examples and Explanations, 2007 ($20, $37.76 retail) - Never used, brand new
  • Understanding Contracts ($15, $35.95 retail) - Highlighted, extremely helpful

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
I realize they won't release the schedule until Orientation, so if you're interested just shoot me a tell once you know if anything will be of use to you.

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
^ they need to release book lists imo

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
In Chicago.

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
Re: UChicago Virtually Brand New (Unmarked) 1L Casebooks/Study Aids for Sale
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
If you have Strahilevitz for Property or Fennell for Torts, I have the texts.  You could buy the old Civ Pro I casebook too if you feel daring.

deathandtaxes

• View Profile
Re: UChicago Virtually Brand New (Unmarked) 1L Casebooks/Study Aids for Sale
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
You can still get your Torts materials, or Crim Law for the Winter.